Best Foods for boosting Metabolism?

Options
For weight loss what foods are you eating for boosting your metabolism? I've heard Grapefruit is the best however I'm not a grapefruit fan.. Just wondering what everybody is eating for this.. Thanks!

Replies

• LittleMissDover
    LittleMissDover Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    No miracle foods will boost your metabolism
  • Citrislazer
    Citrislazer Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Spicy food! Love spicy food. I even like adding tobasco sauce to my scrambled eggs! Over course, these are very short temporary boosts. There's no replacement for interval cardio, weight lifting and water. Buuuut ever bit counts, right? :wink:
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    For weight loss what foods are you eating for boosting your metabolism? I've heard Grapefruit is the best however I'm not a grapefruit fan.. Just wondering what everybody is eating for this.. Thanks!

Mass quantities of food and caffeine
  • dxtra30
    dxtra30 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Why is there so many articles then to say eat this and eat that for boosting your metabolism? I'm not saying that this IS ONLY method and yes there is no 'miracle' food.. Of course there is eating right ,exercising, etc but didn't know if the health experts / articles out there are really right or wrong. Just asking.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    No miracle foods will boost your metabolism

This.

The termic affect of feeding changes depending on macros, but it's largely inconsequential in the bigger picture of exercise, cals in and cals out.
  • jacksonpt
    Options
    Spicy food! Love spicy food. I even like adding tobasco sauce to my scrambled eggs! Over course, these are very short temporary boosts. There's no replacement for interval cardio, weight lifting and water. Buuuut ever bit counts, right? :wink:

No. I'm not sure where that theory got started (probably by Franks Red Hot or some similar company), but it's not true.
  • jacksonpt
    Options
    Why is there so many articles then to say eat this and eat that for boosting your metabolism? I'm not saying that this IS ONLY method and yes there is no 'miracle' food.. Of course there is eating right ,exercising, etc but didn't know if the health experts / articles out there are really right or wrong. Just asking.

To boost sales for these supposed miracle foods.
  • dxtra30
    dxtra30 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    So your telling me nobody eats any of this food? Wow i'm shocked.. lol
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    There are foods that take more effort for you body to digest but overall they have minimal effect on your metabolism.
  • jacksonpt
    Options
    So your telling me nobody eats any of this food? Wow i'm shocked.. lol

We eat them, but not because they "boost" our metabolism, but because we like them, they help us meet our macro goals, etc etc.
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    I'm lifting weights. Heavy ones. Food won't do it.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    Foods don't actually boost metabolism. That's one of those fitness myths that keep getting perpetuated. Food fuels you and that's it.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options

strength training to increase lean body mass.
  • now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options

To boost sales for these supposed miracle foods.

This!

No food will boost your metabolism. Caffiene will but only a very small amount.

The best way to increase your metabolism is to build muscle. More muscle means more calories being burned each day even when you do nothing.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    I'm lifting weights. Heavy ones. Food won't do it.

Yep. This. Exercise boosts metabolism. Especially weightlifting.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    Options

Because if you make the formula simple you no longer sell fitness magazine subscriptions.
  • T1mH
    T1mH Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Not processed foods, you want whole foods, lean meats, fresh fruits and veggies. These foods will help you with weight loss.

Stop eating engineered crap that is designed to make you want more and not feel full. Why do so many people drink coke? Why can't they quit? It's because it's engineered to be addicting. I'm not picking on coke. Pick nearly any processed food out there. Lay's potato chips slogan is "You can't eat just one", this is true because that's what they are trying for. I can eat a whole big bag of chips and not feel full. Give me a cup of broccoli and I'm good for a while.

Nothing tastes as good as fit feels.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

boost sales + bro science = terrible combination ...

supposedly protein rich foods will lead to a slight increase in metabolism..but that might be more BS ...
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    Not processed foods, you want whole foods, lean meats, fresh fruits and veggies. These foods will help you with weight loss.

Stop eating engineered crap that is designed to make you want more and not feel full. Why do so many people drink coke? Why can't they quit? It's because it's engineered to be addicting. I'm not picking on coke. Pick nearly any processed food out there. Lay's potato chips slogan is "You can't eat just one", this is true because that's what they are trying for. I can eat a whole big bag of chips and not feel full. Give me a cup of broccoli and I'm good for a while.

Give me a cup of broccoli and I'm good for 2 minutes.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    Options

Give me a cup of broccoli and I'm good for 2 minutes.

and gassy for days