desk job = major food temptations

Options
124»

Replies

• Athena53
    Athena53 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Things that come from vending machines just grosses me out now. I can't even imagine making that choice now. But, a few years ago, I was at it daily.

Yeah, most of the stuff in our company vending machines is just plain nasty, although I get the hummus/pretzel packs a couple of times a week. It's getting easier and easier for me to pass up genuine junk. DH and I were on our way home form a church service last night shortly before 9 PM we hadn't had dinner. I was starving and we stopped to get DH a meatball hoagie. (He needs to gain weight.) I picked up a packaged honey bun with a lot of frosting on it and read the label- 610 calories. Euw.

I've actually continued to lose on my new job and it's partly because I'm so darn busy and the days just fly by. My desk happens to be right by the department candy jar, but an occasional 50-calorie candy bar isn't fatal. I'm bringing in birthday treats for a co-worker tomorrow but in with the cookies I'm including a lot of fresh fruit. Fortunately, many of my co-workers are into healthy eating, too.
  • roadmapmaker
    roadmapmaker Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I work with a man and he is an absolute foodie. He is always talking food and emails photos of 'crave burgers' - you know the ones that has everything and the kitchen sink on them. And this is 2-3 x week let alone his weekends! Our office is now 'open concept' barely a cube 2 walls and they are short. It drives me nuts to hear him munch all day!:huh:
    but then again it has totally repulsed my cravings!