Hello, I'm new

Home6
Home6 Posts: 208 Member
edited September 20 in Introduce Yourself
Hi, my name is Home6 and I just joined this site after being told about it by a friend of a friend. I love My Fitness Pal, because it makes it so easy to track my caloric intake and my exercise in one spot. I like to look at the numbers. :) Maybe I don't hate math as much as I think I do.
Here is a little about me: I am a stay-at-home Army wife and veteran. My 2 daughters are 3 and 1. My husband has the metabolism of a cheetah, so he is always eating whatever he likes. And he likes cookies. And chips, and pasta, and ice cream, and all the stuff I would not have in the house if he were deployed. Well, he is NOT deployed, so I have to look at this bad-for-me food in my house and not eat it. I finally broke down and told him that I would still cook chicken scampi and casseroles and wiener schnitzel for his suppers, but I would not be eating it. :) So far he seems okay with me having a salad for supper.
My goal is to get down to the weight I was when I met my husband 7 years ago, back when I was living in Kuwait and going to the gym twice a day because it was right across the street and there was not much else to do.
I would love to have some friends on this site to help motivate me and keep me going, and I will try to do the same for you! Good luck to all with your goals of getting not just thinner, but healthier, too!

Replies

• cheric1
    cheric1 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi
    About 4 years ago I lost 50 pounds and felt great. I have since gained 20 of it back and have injured my back. I am in constant pain and can no longer work out at all. I am sure that the weight gain will continue if I don't stop it right now. I would love to get back into my "small" clothes again. But more importantly feel good again. I hope that with the help of my fitness pal and others I can achieve that goal.

Cheric1
  • milesje
    milesje Posts: 40 Member
    @Home6 Glad you found the site, I am semi-new myself. I have been on here for about two months and I am really enjoy the site. I also have two children (both boys) that are 3 and 1. I am trying to get back in the shape I was when I got married 10 years ago. Then I was at the gym for 6 hours a day doing everything from weights to martial arts. For the last 6 years I have been sitting behind a desk and have been very lazy about my fitness and diet. I am now trying to get rid of the 100 lbs I have gained and that is not easy.
  • Kath15
    Kath15 Posts: 165 Member
    Hi, I am new here too -feel free to add me as a friend! I know how you feel. I am a stay-at-home mom too and it's not easy getting back in shape again, especially when you are surrounded by people who eat whatever they want. I really like this website and I find the tools as well as other users to be very helpful.
This discussion has been closed.