Chicken Recipes

Options
KimmyCain
KimmyCain Posts: 11 Member
Anyone have any good healthy chicken recipes? My fiancé said he would like me to cook more homemade stuff. I do a lot of chicken, cause I know it’s healthy, but I’m quickly getting bored of baked chicken. Anyone know how liven up chicken a little bit? (I’m not big on spicy foods, but he is) Thanks!!

Replies

• UsaJewels05
    UsaJewels05 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Try SkinnyTaste.com

I have found a lot of recipes on there that are good and easy to make. My 2 favorites for chicken so far are Crockpot Sante Fe Chicken and Cajun Chicken Pasta!
  • ReccaThorn
    ReccaThorn Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    http://www.fit2fat2fit.com/gallery
    So many EASY, FAST chicken recipes. I've tried nearly all of them and love them all! There is even Chicken Pizza for when you're having a pizza craving :devil:
  • annetteajordan
    Options
    Weber has lots of different sprinkle seasons that I use to change up "chicken". I usually defrost a big bag of chicken breast, do 2-3 one flavor then 2-3 another flavor. Most eaten with low carb wrap or with brochilli sides
  • DaBossLady24
    DaBossLady24 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    bump! Always looking for more chicken recipes to add to my collection.
  • devan44
    devan44 Posts: 130
    Options
    My husband loves cassaroles. I make a pretty good chicken cassarole with 1lb chicken breast cooked and cubed. 1 can cream of mushroom or chicken 98% fat free and 3 TBSP of mayo mixed together and a bag of frozen broccoli. Mix together and put in over for 45 min on 350. I add shredded cheese to my husbands and sometimes mine if my daily calories allow it. It's good - and easy!
  • imhungry2012
    imhungry2012 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I love crockpotting chicken. Yesterday I put 2 large chicken breasts in the crockpot with 1 jar of nature's promise tomato basil pasta sauce (can use any kind) and set it on low for 6 hours or so. Then, shredded the chicken, put it back in the pot and let it sit for another hour.

I ended up cooking 3 oz. of whole wheat penne, mixing it with 4.5 ounces of the mixture above, topping it with some part skim shredded mozzarella and baking it for 10 mins or so until the cheese melted. Yummy and easy.
  • swissbrit
    Options
    Take a look at this there are loads of recipies with pictures
    http://pinterest.com/search/pins/?q=healthy+eating+chicken
  • gingerygal
    gingerygal Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    This is a great chicken recipe, and it has just the right amount of spiciness. Buffalo chicken quinoa.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/gingerfitness/view/buffalo-chicken-quinoa-495759
  • RAREBIRDART
    RAREBIRDART Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I bake chicken with lowfat mayo (2 tbls at most) with reduced fat parm on top. Yum!
    Or bake chicken with bbq sauce on it. Both sides with brocolli and rice. :)
  • JennDoesKeto
    JennDoesKeto Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    This is a great chicken recipe, and it has just the right amount of spiciness. Buffalo chicken quinoa.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/gingerfitness/view/buffalo-chicken-quinoa-495759

was looking at your recipe..how do you cook Quinoa in a rice cooker? mine has settings for white rice or brown rice
  • gingerygal
    gingerygal Posts: 59 Member
    Options

was looking at your recipe..how do you cook Quinoa in a rice cooker? mine has settings for white rice or brown rice

I cook mine on the 'quick cooking' setting. I've never used the white/brown rice setting (even for rice! What is my problem!) but I'm thinking it would probably be fine on that as well. I've always been told it cooks just like rice. Somehow my 25lb bag of it doesn't have directions.
  • fatgirljessica
    Options
    I baked chicken breast tonight and roasted some salsa on top.
    Served it with blue corn chips and salad. YUMMY!
  • JennDoesKeto
    JennDoesKeto Posts: 244 Member
    Options

I cook mine on the 'quick cooking' setting. I've never used the white/brown rice setting (even for rice! What is my problem!) but I'm thinking it would probably be fine on that as well. I've always been told it cooks just like rice. Somehow my 25lb bag of it doesn't have directions.

thank you for the tip! i will try it this weekend. im soo missing my carbs but i have to be super careful as i have an over tendancy to gorge out on them.
  • Tiff050709
    Tiff050709 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    My husband loves cassaroles. I make a pretty good chicken cassarole with 1lb chicken breast cooked and cubed. 1 can cream of mushroom or chicken 98% fat free and 3 TBSP of mayo mixed together and a bag of frozen broccoli. Mix together and put in over for 45 min on 350. I add shredded cheese to my husbands and sometimes mine if my daily calories allow it. It's good - and easy!

You are awesome! I am making chicken tonight and didn't know what to do and I have everything that you need for this so this is what I will be making! Life saver. lol
  • flowerchic2323
    flowerchic2323 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Ground Chicken Stuffed Mushroom Caps

Last night I wanted something easy but I wanted it to look like it came from a restaurant. I took diced celery, mushroom stems, onion, green and red pepper and sauted it in a pan. When it was soft I added it to left over ground chicken and cooked it till it was well heated through. I used the medium to large mushrooms that I had pulled the stems out of and fulled it with a teaspoon or two of the chicken filling. I put all the mushrooms in a small oven safe dish and put it covered with tinfoil in the oven till the mushrooms were soft. I added shredded low fat swiss cheese and a bit of jalepeno havarti (for a kick) and put it under the broiler till melted. So good and looked like i got it in a restaurant. Served with a side of homemade french onion soup. Well it deffinatly hit the spot and was a hit. I will deffinatly be making it again.:heart: