STUCK!!! Any ideas??

Options
Hi all!

I have been working hard at this and am really, really STUCK.
I work out 3-5 times a week with a trainer -- 30 minutes of lifting and 30 minutes of cardio (interval training).
My eating is pretty ok -- no huge binges or anything. My vices are probably wine a few days a week and sugar.......
I am 5'7" and weigh 172. I was 181 about 10 months ago -- lost the 9 pounds and have been STUCK here (between 169 and 173) since August!!!

I am getting stronger - lifting more and gaining more endurance. Just not losing weight!

Ideas? I am guessing it will be some radical eating changes, but I would love ideas! (BTW, I am 47 years old and female).
Jen

Replies

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Diary is closed so it's impossible to give much advice. How many calories are you eating?
  • Arkhos
    Arkhos Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    My eating is pretty ok -- no huge binges or anything. My vices are probably wine a few days a week and sugar.......

This may have a lot to do with it. Try sticking to your real meal plan 110% for 1 week. It's just 1 week and see how it changes. It was the same for me, figured those little extras wouldn't do anything, but it did. I stuck to my plan 1 week and lost 8 lbs (not typical, don't get crazy, lol)
  • darwinwoodka
    darwinwoodka Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    You might actually be overtraining. Try adding a rest day and see if it helps. Also vary your diet -- I'm doing alternating low medium and high carb days right now. Just shake things up a bit and do something different. And really record EVERTHING you eat. The sugar can really add up. Chai Tea Latte? 660 calories. That one was a shocker for me.