Low calorie hamburger and hot dog buns?

Has anyone been able to find low calorie hamburger and/or hot dog buns? I used to buy Sara Lee Delightful buns (80 calories each) but I don't believe they sell them anymore...at least in Southern California.

Replies

• Healthy LIfe also has 80 calorie hamburger and hot dog buns.
  • twoss9112
    twoss9112 Posts: 162 Member
    Healthy LIfe also has 80 calorie hamburger and hot dog buns.

This ^

I love Healthy Life's bread products and I'm so glad they now make whole wheat english muffins and hod dog & burger buns also.

Low cal and low carb... and I also saw a dugar free wheat bread that they now have.

I QUITE often use one piece of Healthy Life bread as a hot dog bun, that way my "bun" is only 35-40 cals instead of 80.
  • akopesky
    akopesky Posts: 42 Member
    Nature's Own Whitewheat has hamburger buns that are 100 cal ea & hot dog buns that are 90 cal ea. Compromise for my family. My kids refuse the wheat but this keeps my calories in check.
  • Unfortunately, Healthy Life is not available on the west coast. I checked their website and they appear to only distribute to the midwest and southern US. :(
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,474 Member
    hmm, i say if your going to have a burger or hot dog, you might as well go all out.
  • GoTeamMeaghan
    GoTeamMeaghan Posts: 347 Member
    Nature's Own Whitewheat has hamburger buns that are 100 cal ea & hot dog buns that are 90 cal ea.

^^ these are sooooo good. Even though they're white, they don't have a bunch of chemicals and weird stuff in them and they have like 13% of your fiber for the day. I get them at Target.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Nature's Own Whitewheat has hamburger buns that are 100 cal ea & hot dog buns that are 90 cal ea. Compromise for my family. My kids refuse the wheat but this keeps my calories in check.
    After Merita went kaput, this is what I switched to. I dig 'em.
  • Melo1966
    Melo1966 Posts: 881 Member
    West Coast person here too I have never heard of products listed.

For hamburgers I use the sandwich thins, even non dieters like those with the burgers. They have more fiber than buns too. For hot dogs I use one slice of wheat bread rolled diagnally.
  • cals83
    cals83 Posts: 131
    For hamburgers, try Arnold Sandwich Thins instead of traditional buns.