Replies

• EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    you friggin rock. WOO WOO!
  • pollyineedtobeskinny
    Options
    Hi fellow MFP'ers

I've not been doing so well lately keeping myself motivated to lose the next 7-14 lbs so I thought I would post the pic that started it all. Please be nice as I am pretty nervous about putting it out there. BUT, if I can motivate just one person to keep going, it will be worth it.

For those that like the stats:

5ft 4"
    SW: 218 Size 22 UK, 18 US?
    CW: 139 Size 12/14 UK, 8/10 US?

1200 cal throughout the majority of the weight loss, only walking as exercise. Currently losing around 1 lb per month at 1650 cals. I've seriously lost my motivation at the moment. Looking to get down to either 133 or 126, My original goal was 150.

Good luck everyone, now for the pics:

218 January 2012::blushing:

218lbs.jpg

139 February 2013:

140.jpg

Holy macaroni, you look amazing
  • thegreatestlove
    thegreatestlove Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Fabulous!! You look fabulous!!
  • saslas75
    saslas75 Posts: 1
    Options
    WOW! You shoulud be PROUD of yourself-- you look great! It's good to take a hard look at the way we are or used to be so that we have some motivation to move forward. I say keep moving-- you are an inspiration to me!
  • Lbriggs82
    Lbriggs82 Posts: 58
    Options
    100 times well done! You look absolutely fantastic hun!!! :flowerforyou:

An inspiration!
  • kberg6
    kberg6 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Very brave and extremely jealous of you. You have done a tremenous job and look awesome. :happy:
  • lodiloohoo64
    lodiloohoo64 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    You look great sweetie! Keep up the good work and never be nervous about sharing where you've come from.

Rowni:flowerforyou:
  • penelopeyvonne
    penelopeyvonne Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    You have done SO well and it's such an inspiration. I'd guess your starting measurements are much like mine! I've dropped 2-3 dress sizes recently and I'm feeling pretty good - and even more so now I've seen your before and after photos. I had to go shopping this last Saturday as ALL my jackets had got ridiculously large on me. I've still got a way to go before I look like yours but WOW!! WELL DONE! :happy:
  • andreanohio
    andreanohio Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Woohoo...the nervousness should be gone over that picture! You are looking Fab-0!! I needed this inspiration this morning. Started my journey last week and am really starting to realize that I need to work on changing my whole thinking about getting into shape. I am realizing at the end of the day that what I thought was good food is sometimes full of bad things like sodium! Yikes!
    Well, my motto "Baby Steps"; improve 10% per day.
  • pinkchick80
    Options
    You look phenomenal! Way to go and I really hope that you get your motivation back. YOU LOOK GREAT!
  • ellasanvictores
    ellasanvictores Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    WOAHHHHH congratssss!!! i'm nexttt!!!
  • lgreen37
    lgreen37 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    You look absolutely awesome! Keep looking ahead - don't look back. You are motivating many. Hey, you just motivated me!!!!! :smile:
  • Cupcakehippiemommy
    Cupcakehippiemommy Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous!!!!!!!!!!
  • lianatee
    lianatee Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Wow! You are amazing! I think I'll do the same thing. I'll post my Before Photo later. I've only lost 3 lbs since beginning this site, but had lost about 35 three years ago. Thank you for your posting - you have certainly inspired me!:drinker: (That's water I'm drinking)
  • GC2B
    GC2B Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    You are a superstar xx
  • GiseleT88
    GiseleT88 Posts: 17
    Options
    Wow amazing!
  • amiscci
    amiscci Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Anyone who struggles with the process of portioning, counting and the time it takes should look at posts like this and spend
    some time reading "success stories". Its just so motivating whether you're trying to lose, maintain or just get stronger.

It is truly amazing what can be done in a year!
    Wow, you look GREAT!
  • Luvstrukme
    Luvstrukme Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look amazing!!!! Maybe your focus should now shift to being healthy instead of losing weight. What about other exercise besides walking? You probably can do more now, with the extra weight gone, and will tone muscle which burns more fat. Keep up the good work, hopefully someday I will have lost enough to share before pictures. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • lisacogley
    Options
    You look absolutely fantastic. Congratulations on your success, and keep it up. If you are looking for a little different calorie burner, I found a fantastic 10 min cardio exercise, that literally anyone can do. If you search on you tube for "Cardio Quickie by Jessica Smith" you will find it easily. This workout combines low intensity workouts supplemented with short bursts of high intensity. I've dropped 25 pounds in two months, only doing this exercise. When I first started I couldn't even get thru the 10 minutes of it. Now I am up to doing it 3 times in a row for a great 30 minute workout. The image of the video is one where she looks like shes bent over touching the floor. Its a great calorie burner.

Again, congrats on your "new you!"
  • Patsy19541948
    Patsy19541948 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting, your looking great!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!