Sodastream

Options
I recently purchased a Sodastream and have been drinking the crystal light energy. Should I list that under water or as a "snack?" There are no calories or anything (for this particular flavor anyways)

PS--for those of you that do not know, here is how sodastream works:

-Fill Bottle with water
-Attach bottle to "machine"
- Press Button to carbonate water
- Add flavoring.

Drink and enjoy carbonated flavored water... :smile:

Replies

• now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    I would track it as water.

Some say to only track pure water. Some say track anything that doesn't contain caffiene.

There are a lot of opinions. If you don't like pure water and this is your way of getting liquids in than I would track it. Your body takes hydration from everything you eat and drink.

If it wasn't for the price of the Sodastream I would get one! It sounds like such a great little machine!
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    List it either way. I often log zero calorie drinks under "snack" or whatever but also count it as water. I'm pretty flexible with what I log as water - I think the only log pure water stuff is baloney - it doesn't stop being water and turn into something else when you add flavor, but that's just my opinion.
  • nwg74
    nwg74 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    It is still 99.9% water so track it as such.
  • Tryinonemoretime
    Tryinonemoretime Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    List it either way. I often log zero calorie drinks under "snack" or whatever but also count it as water. I'm pretty flexible with what I log as water - I think the only log pure water stuff is baloney - it doesn't stop being water and turn into something else when you add flavor, but that's just my opinion.

Thanks so much Ready2Rock206!!! I have often thought that people who say tea and things don't count as water are full of it! lol Just because you flavor water doesn't change the fact that it IS water!!!! You made my day!