Victoria's Secret Model Workout Plan

Options
I was wondering if anyone had a workout and diet plan that helps you get sleek arms, legs and a flat toned tummy.
I'm 5'7 and 127 pounds, I want to achieve this goal by June or July.
Any ideas?
I really only have fat on my stomach, and I have fat rolls when I sit down, which I want to get rid of..
Other than that, I'm just a skinnyfat ectomorph, I don't look toned at all but I've been doing 30 Day Shred for 8 days now but i'm not sure if i will get the results I want by just doing 30DS.

Replies

• Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    From their muscular structure, I don't think many of them would train much TBH. Don't know this for a fact but they do not look to have anything to any of their structure that indicates it.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    pilates makes you long and sleek with a little muscle tone. but if there's no strength training at all, there may be some flab, and that's not victoria secretey at all. well, i mean it's the second worst secret victoria could be keeping.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I've read some of their workout plans. Many do pilates, yoga and body weight exercises. Some of them actually do weight training in the compound lifts, focusing on squats and deadlifts. They do not build up large muscles because they do not eat at a calorie surplus. The Victoria Secret models are more muscular than high fashion runway models, and are not underweight. They have a guideline in which they are not permitted to go below 17% bodyfat, to maintain a soft, curvy look and not be too thin (although that is an ideal bodyfat percent range and would never, under any circumstances be considered high).
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    I've read some of their workout plans. Many do pilates, yoga and body weight exercises. Some of them actually do weight training in the compound lifts, focusing on squats and deadlifts. They do not build up large muscles because they do not eat at a calorie surplus. The Victoria Secret models are more muscular than high fashion runway models, and are not underweight. They have a guideline in which they are not permitted to go below 17% bodyfat, to maintain a soft, curvy look and not be too thin (although that is an ideal bodyfat percent range and would never, under any circumstances be considered high).

^^ A few of them also jump a LOT of rope.
  • ggloriaa
    Options

Exactly. VS models, compared to other runway models, aren't anorexic or deadly looking. They have to train to get their bodies and eat a really healthy diet. I'd like results like that with training and healthy eating.

Basically; I'm trying to find a workout and eating plan that will help me get a figure like Miranda Kerr over Jillian Michaels
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options

Exactly. VS models, compared to other runway models, aren't anorexic or deadly looking. They have to train to get their bodies and eat a really healthy diet. I'd like results like that with training and healthy eating.

Basically; I'm trying to find a workout and eating plan that will help me get a figure like Miranda Kerr over Jillian Michaels

Well, it depends a lot on what kind of body type you have. Jillian Michaels does not have a curvy figure, she has the straight body type. Miranda Kerr has very long legs. Your personal goals need to be realistically based on the body type you have.
  • ggloriaa
    Options
    I have long legs and a short torso, and I am not that curvy.
  • ScottyBeBop
    ScottyBeBop Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I always figured it was eat a tic-tac and get a boob job hahaha
  • ggloriaa
    Options
    I've seen the VSX Train Like an Angel but I feel like they're not very informative and you can't actually follow the videos
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    From their muscular structure, I don't think many of them would train much TBH. Don't know this for a fact but they do not look to have anything to any of their structure that indicates it.

this.
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options
    Also remember that they are photographed in flattering poses, in flattering light, and they use photo shopping and airbrushing. They work very hard before the runway show and do not maintain that exact physique year round (just like people that compete in figure competitions, but with a very different body goal).

And, any workouts they put out there are probably just a gimmick.
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    just a note, i think most people have a belly roll when they sit down. if you're bent over, your skin is going to fold against itself.

in a bunch of the photoshop before and afters i've seen, models will have the roll when they hunch over or bend over, and it's photoshopped out.

just make sure you know what's real, and what's fantasy!
  • julesxo
    julesxo Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I always figured it was eat a tic-tac and get a boob job hahaha

Bahaha.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Also remember that they are photographed in flattering poses, in flattering light, and they use photo shopping and airbrushing. They work very hard before the runway show and do not maintain that exact physique year round (just like people that compete in figure competitions, but with a very different body goal).

^^yep.

Plus a yep to the body type comment.

You want to lean out - lose body fat and incorporate some strength training.
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options

Have you actually looked at the VS models? Do you know what they even look like? Are you confusing them with other types of models? Are you thinking of the photo shopped images or have you seen them in the runway shows?
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    I think the VS workout is generally done with an airbrush. Don't spend so much time trying to achieve something that is not humanly possible.

victorias-secret-photoshop.png
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options

Jillian Michaels is about 5'2. Miranda Kerr is 5'9.

It's not so much the exercises they do that determine what kind of body they have. It's genetics. :smile:

I'll never look like either one of them because I have wide hips and a short torso. But that doesn't mean I can't look damn good.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

^^This whole post right here
  • sarahisme18
    sarahisme18 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I think that actually many of them do weight training—here's a photo of Miranda Kerr getting ready for the VS show:

5e28426d0ccb6367e86d82c94b6961a1.jpg

I agree with other comments—it's going to be a combination of diet, weight training, and genetics. If you eat a small calorie deficit, lift heavy weights, preferably compound moves with the barbell, you'll change your body composition. You probably won't look like a runway model, but you'll be an equally beautiful, confident, and strong individual.
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    I don't know why so many people are pooh-poohing this.

I did this workout and grew seven inches.