French Vietnamese

Options
So I ate lunch with my husband at a French Vietnamese restaurant today....anyone know where I can find out nutritional information? It is a local restaurant, and they use fresh ingredients. I searched MFP's database, to no avail. Any one have any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• Burtowski
    Burtowski Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Anybody?
  • MG_Fit
    MG_Fit Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    You're probably going to have to piece work that one.
  • frenchfacey
    frenchfacey Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    its either piece work, or you settle for a range of different calorie assumptions based on the food you enter.

example...today i had a banh mi (my favourite thing in the world and also why French Vietnamese caught my eye as the subject of your post)

if i type it in, then its like 20 different entries with calories that have a range from 300-1000 calories...big difference right?
    so i just type in each thing individually, and if i know before-hand that i am going somewhere that i will have to piece work, i try to really get a good look at the dish before i eat it to assess the portion sizes

...i know. im obsessed.
  • Burtowski
    Burtowski Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I normally plan out everything before I eat out, but it was a spur of the moment lunch when I stopped by his office.
  • Rivers2k
    Rivers2k Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I eat Vietnamese food quite a bit. It is very difficult to find accurate calorie info on it. I try to do my best to guestimate. It is one of the healthier Asian quines most the food is boiled or steamed.