SLEEP......HELP!!!!

Options
Good Morning MFP....ok i'm literally on maybe 2 hours of broken sleep...HEEEEEELP...lol I'm new to calorie counting and excersising...aka taking care of myself. I have been going to the gym 5x's a week and I must admit not sleeping well. Unfortunately the only time I have to go to the gym is anywhere from 8pm-9pm at night. Which means after doing 60 minutes of cardio I tend to get home around 10ish....when I get home I'm exhausted I basically shower get on MFP log in my excersie and knock out by 11pm...I don't have an initial problem with knocking out since I'm exhausted...the problem i'm having is remaining asleep...I didn't do the gym Wednesday and I slept all night every other day this week i've averaged 3 hours of BROKEN sleep. I know my body needs more rest but I'm truly a BALL OF ENERGY even now...

Does anyone else have this problem and if so do you know if eventually my body will get use to this and allow me to sleep all night??? I've only been on this routine for about 4 weeks now....

Replies

• skygoddess86
    skygoddess86 Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    No way you can knock at the gym in the AM or any time sooner? With that schedule I don't see how you could change it without some sleep aids which is iffy.
  • gabyp0716
    gabyp0716 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I used to have problems sleeping and found out some supplements that can help you. I've been taking them for a few months and getting the best sleep ever. Long time ago I was taking ambient, but I hated that its a narcotic so I went without it for a while until a friend recommend I purchase 5HTP and Valerian root. I get them at GNC, you can also ask for Melatonin. Any of those supplements will make a huge difference.
  • Corrine5n
    Corrine5n Posts: 15
    Options
    I'm sooo heading to GNC today....I'm willing to give it a try so I can sleep. Thanks
  • nickyfm
    nickyfm Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Hey there,
    Personally i find that if I go on the computer right before I go to bed it really disturbs my sleep.
    I also find that cardio exercise gives me a stack of energy, so maybe this is hyping you up a bit before bed time?
    Oh, baths before bed help too :)