Back after 1 week off...venting

Options
Me and my boyfriend were away for 1 week, we rented a car and drove around the north of england. i find it harder to fallow this lifestyle when i'm away and i didnt count the calories, but i didnt go wild on the eating and we walked a lot. overall didnt gain nor lose any weight. witch is fine.

But today i am back at doing it right. with a fridge full of good for you foods. and a stationary bike waiting for me (and a lot of house work :sad: ) and i just dont feel like it. counting the calories seems like ages ago and having to work out even longuer. and i was starting to wonder why was i doing this ? (obvisouly, 1 look in the mirror and it came all back to me ! ) i just dont have that push i had before i left. i used to LOVE counting the calories, working out and seeing the scale go down. but its just not there right now. i feel like having to go to work after 1 week vacation.

but i know i have to, if it was work i was talking about there would be no arguing about it, i HAVE to go back at it, its not a matter of if i feel like it. its not a desicion i have to take. i'm doing it and that's the end of it. anyways, i'm still at 201.5 and i want to be under 200 soooooooo bad, and i want to see that 1in front of the number.

Thanks for listening :smile:
may

Replies

• may_marie
    may_marie Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Me and my boyfriend were away for 1 week, we rented a car and drove around the north of england. i find it harder to fallow this lifestyle when i'm away and i didnt count the calories, but i didnt go wild on the eating and we walked a lot. overall didnt gain nor lose any weight. witch is fine.

But today i am back at doing it right. with a fridge full of good for you foods. and a stationary bike waiting for me (and a lot of house work :sad: ) and i just dont feel like it. counting the calories seems like ages ago and having to work out even longuer. and i was starting to wonder why was i doing this ? (obvisouly, 1 look in the mirror and it came all back to me ! ) i just dont have that push i had before i left. i used to LOVE counting the calories, working out and seeing the scale go down. but its just not there right now. i feel like having to go to work after 1 week vacation.

but i know i have to, if it was work i was talking about there would be no arguing about it, i HAVE to go back at it, its not a matter of if i feel like it. its not a desicion i have to take. i'm doing it and that's the end of it. anyways, i'm still at 201.5 and i want to be under 200 soooooooo bad, and i want to see that 1in front of the number.

Thanks for listening :smile:
    may
  • lorelai63
    lorelai63 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    May Marie, I am right where you are. After a few days off and not counting and feeling the freedom of just eating without consern is very addictive. BUT I too am at 202.3. You are even closer. What would it feel like to see a 1 before our numbers instead of a 2? I bet the feeling will out weigh the dread of getting back on track. so today I am back and you can be too. Lets see who can get to the 1's first! I challage you to work hard and keep up with me. I am going to do this! Lorelai
  • vramage
    vramage Posts: 28
    Options
    i to have had about a week or so off easter and all and the kids and hubby was off which ment alot of eating out etc i havent put any weight but havent lost any eather which is kinda expected but gut renching as i was losing about 4lb a week :cry: but the way i seen it as ive had my fun now its time to get serious agian dont be to hard on yourself tomorrow is another day:happy: i to are over 200 but i will get there so will you:drinker:
  • sr2000
    sr2000 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I felt the same way this morning. I used to be so enthusiastic and excited to log all my exercise and calories, not so much fun anymore. But that's why we're all here for each other! If I was doing this on my own and didn't have all of you here supporting and encouraging each other, I would have quit given up, gone back to my old unhealhty ways. Especially after my awful 5 pound weight gain on our 9 day vacation. It's tough to stay on track, tough to stay motivated on your own, but we're not alone. There are hundreds of us all in this together, having great healthy meals and terrible binges, good and bad days, weeks, gains and loses, ups and downs. But whenever your feeling the most like giving up and giving in, sign in to MFP and read a few posts, remember why we all started and why we're all still here. And keep on keeping on.:smile:
  • backontrac
    backontrac Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I was on La Weight Loss for a very long time and dropped 70 pounds.. THEY CLOSED THEIR OFFICES with no notice...one day I went to get weighed and they said they were closing. I COLLAPSED..I tossed in the towel.. what was I going to do without them??
    It has taken me three months to pull myself up and KNOW I CAN DO THIS ON MY OWN. I have the tools and the support right here.
    Just PLAN tomorrow...take it one step at a time.. I started eating right..then after three or four days I looked at my pilates and said HEY I REMEMBER THAT THING..and I remembered how GREAT I felt after using it.
    NOW everyday I am up...turn on the TODAY SHOW and I work out. AND since I started last thursday I feel much better.
    I will tell you that I HURT for a day or so.. but I kept at it and my old muscles knew I ment business and I WAS GONNA BE THE WINNER. I didnt quit!!
    its only 6 days.. but thats 6 days of success and 6 days closer to 30 days.
    DO NOT GIVE UP..just take it one day at a time..
    Good Luck to you...you can overcome!!!
  • may_marie
    may_marie Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Thank all :)

i've been back for 2 days now and its doing fine. i guess that when you set yourself up for something that you really want to do. you have to work hard and not give up no matter what. we are all doing great, as long as we keep doing it !!!

lorelai. challenge accepted ! first to make it under 200. !!

may