Gym Newbie? Help

I want to start going to the gym and spending an hour or however long I need to reach my goal. I've already been there twice and I've only used the elliptical. Does anyone have a gym workout routine they can share? It'd be nice for it to be in a week format, ex: "Monday: this exercise, Tuesday: these exercises, Wednesday: that exercise, etc.."

My stats:
5'7"
127 lbs
Skinnyfat ectomorph

Goals:
Lose the belly fat off my stomach "the rolls"
Tone my body
Get a sleek body for the summer
Not aiming for female bulk

Replies

• dotknott
    dotknott Posts: 88 Member
    You seem to be asking this a lot. You've gotten a bunch of advice already but I'll add my own 2¢ with: Start Lifting Heavy. Now.

Take a look at New Rules of Lifting for Women. I'm not going to post the workouts here, because I really think that the book is worth the $10 on amazon (or whatever it is now) But I think that based on what you're saying you want as results, you should seriously consider lifting. (Unless, of course you have some injury that prevents you from doing so.)

New Rules of Lifting for Women. There's a book, and a group here on MFP: https://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/119-new-rules-of-lifting-for-women-nrol4w-
    www.stumptuous.com Krista Scott-Dixon's site. Some good reading there. There's also a facebook community.
    Starting strength - I'm not personally familiar with this program, but I've heard good things about it.
    www.exrx.net - A great way to get to know some of the correct forms for lifting.

Here's the thing with weight lifting, try it. If you start to think you're getting the "female bulk" that you stated you aren't looking for in your post. stop. Though my guess is that you'll be pretty happy.