BBQ TIPS PLEASE!

Options
Mjroxane
Mjroxane Posts: 41 Member
Got an family Bqq tomorrow (if weather stays nice :/) any tips on how i can stay to my diet even know im going to the bqq , as there will be cakes + yummy food and drinks but want to try to stay to my diet , also dont want people to be asking questions why i arent eating as much :///// Any tips would be a great help :):)

Replies

• nickyfm
    nickyfm Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    ohh social gatherings, my food nightmare!
    It's tough, I'll admit. But maybe you could snack on some fruit if they have?
    Also nuts and crackers maybe?
    Try to stay away from any refined carbohydrates, like white bread, white rice, because those really aren't helpful for losing weight

If you trust yourself, it's okay to have a small serving of a little something naughty...remember, it's okay if it's in moderation!
  • haleysman
    haleysman Posts: 48
    Options
    http://health.discovery.com/fansites/devin-alexander/recipes/

all kinds of diet friendly recipes, bring one as your 'dish' and then eat mostly that and keep small portions of the not so good stuff...
  • elysant
    elysant Posts: 139
    Options
    I would recommend taking something that you know is low cal and can have... then I would get in an extra workout today and tomorrow afternoon/evening to burn off some of the extra calories that you ate. :o) I find that if I try to avoid the cakes and yummy foods that are around at things like a BBQ I end up being miserable and constantly thinking about the foods that are RIGHT THERE but I can't have. I usually have a very small piece (maybe 2 bites) to satisfy my desire to have some but that way it isn't an enormous amount of calories. Also, I keep a small notebook with me where I write down what I eat trough the day if I eat anything that I didn't already log. Then I log it when I get home. Sometimes that puts me over my calories but I feel that being honest with myself daily helps keep me on track. :o) Good luck!!
  • xonophone
    xonophone Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    or cut down on your calories today and be sure to get in a lot of exercise between today and tomorrow before the BBQ so that you can splurge without guilt! (that's what I do)
  • Mjroxane
    Mjroxane Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    thank you everyone .. evrything thing you said sounds like the best thing to do ... going to do some workouts now, a light one in morning and one once im home then hopfuly i wont feel to bad from what ive eat , i am defo going to take my own dish , one thats low in calories but one thats filling then i sudnt need to snack on the cakes :):)