what exercise to do to burn 500 calories

Options

Replies

• Skiing914
    Options
    Elliptical machine - 500 cals in 45 mins. if you use random setting. The higher the resistance, the quicker you will burn cals.
  • ShannaB83185
    ShannaB83185 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I burn about 700 cals per my HRM doing 60 minutes at the gym. I do the treadmill, bike and elliptical machine.
  • grillingirl
    grillingirl Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I burn about 550 calories in a 60 minute elliptical session with probably a 7 on the exertion scale.
  • dawnsjourney
    dawnsjourney Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Im doing this challenge and need to lose 500-1000. what exericeses do i do to get this kind of burn, without spending the whole day at the gym?

40-50 minutes of low impact aerobics works for me. I do Leslie Sansone's walk away the pounds.
  • droneofvelvet
    droneofvelvet Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    A non stop moderate pace for about an hour of just about anything will get rid of 500-700 calories. I like to do elliptical, dancing, body weight cross training, etc.
  • Bootjockey
    Bootjockey Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I did a 4.5 mile walk at lunchtime and burned 780 calories...it's not to hard...just takes a little effort...

-BootJockey
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    You jump rope, of course. Nothing burns calories like jumping rope.
  • RepsnSets
    RepsnSets Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    It wouldnt take all day to burn that many calories depending on how hard you worked out. I can do an hour of just walking quite briskly and burn just under 500.
  • lacurandera1
    lacurandera1 Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    Run for an hour. Jump rope for 30 minutes. Zumba for 70 minutes.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    By doing a 15 min HIIT workout followed by 15 of heavy lifting, you could probably do it in 30 min.
  • BereniceB
    Options
    Hi!
    I have a question now, i do zumba too, but i can't find it in the list. I started with My fitness pal last week and i just put it like " dance" . Is this ok?
  • CoachGwenna
    Options
    Beachbody's Insanity. 500 to 1000 calories in 40 to 60 minutes.

Yes, that and Turbofire is about the same burn
  • swinski
    Options
    Try running stairs if you access to a tall building. It's way up there on calories burned/hour.
  • al369
    al369 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    It takes a HARD workout for me to get over 500 cals burned. I usually get 300-400 burned with an hour of Zumba , hour of spinning, or 30 minutes running. I don't have a HRM though, so maybe I'm underestimating?

It depends on your body though. Height and weight.
  • jktin08
    jktin08 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Step Aerobics using 6-8 " step or just running up and downs steps for an hour. Burns at least 500 calories or more but depends on your weight. You can use calorielab to figure the calories burned ( http://calorielab.com/burned/ ). Put the word "step" in Step 2 after you put your weight in Step 1.
  • Kimberly3013
    Kimberly3013 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Roller skating for an hour burns 600 calories.
  • WhataBroad
    WhataBroad Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Lift heavy. Run fast.

Simply put! =)
  • skyblu263
    skyblu263 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    On average, people burn 100 calories every 10 minutes. The bigger you are, the higher your heart rate during exercise, and the more calories you burn within that 10 minute time frame. But a good and fair average is 100 calorie burn every 10 minutes of high impact exercise. I burn 500 calories in about 45 minutes doing 20-30 minutes of cardio then the rest weightlifting. I burn around 300 calories when I take my 30 minute tennis lessons. So, just do something high impact: running, speed walking on incline, racquetball, weightlifting, spin, etc.
  • CrystalWalks
    CrystalWalks Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Tennis is a fun and great way to easily burn 500 calories....you can easliy burn about 500-700 calories an hour depending on your weight.
  • wmoomoo
    wmoomoo Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    One hour of kick boxing burns 600 for me.