need crunchy salty snacks

Options

Replies

• dalgal26
    dalgal26 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Quaker Lightly Salted Rice Cakes...with hummus...peanut butter....etc. :)
  • BariatricKitchen
    Options
    I love roasted chick peas. Drain and rinse a can, drizzle with olive oil and seasonings of your choice and roast at 450 until crispy. So good!
  • sandrakarinab
    sandrakarinab Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Carrot sticks and snow peas with a mug of vegetable stock on the side.
  • learningtolove
    learningtolove Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I am backing up the special k cracker chips! I buy reduced salt french onion soup mix and make a dip with a tbsp of that and a tbsp of light hellmans and light sour cream. Such a yummy snack.
  • eliseofthejungle
    eliseofthejungle Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Thin sliced granny smith apple with salt. NOM! This has been one of my favorite snacks my entire life.
  • runfatmanrun
    runfatmanrun Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Popcorn is always good, not the bagged kind, but air popped. Also, think portion control. A serving of Baked Kettle Chips is pretty low, like 140 cals, plus it help get over the craving.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,692 Member
    Options
    Salted almonds

Personally I can eat chips with no issue of overeating them.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • eu2103
    eu2103 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Quakes... not sure what they're called now because they just changed their branding/packaging but they are basically like chips made out of rice cakes, made by Quaker. The cheddar and ranch flavors are my fave. It's only like 140 cals for 20 chips or something like that. So good!
    I also love soy-based chips, there are a few brands (Glennies are my fave but GenSoy are good too) and those taste a lot like Quakes, they have more calories per chip (but still less than real chips or even baked chips) and they also have protein- the BBQ flavored ones are really good.
    Otherwise, Popchips-- I love that the whole regular-sized bag is only 3 or 4 servings, so even if you go crazy and eat them all, it's not a *huge* deal because it's around 400 cals (obviously not ideal though).
  • amysteri
    amysteri Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Fish Crackers :noway:
  • staceywilk
    staceywilk Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I LOVE the pretzel crisp parmesan garlic. I usually can only eat them on a bootcamp day because it's VERY hard to stay in the 1 serving range.
  • SilentMelody
    SilentMelody Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    If you want something homemade I mix a packet of ranch dressing mix, some oil and garlic powder to a bag of oyster crackers and bake it for a bit OMG so yummy. Or some crispy baked parmesan garlic edemame. Want sweet and crunchy, bake your own apple chips with some cinnamon.
  • DonnaBee2013
    Options
    Chee Cha Puffs (all flavours), Crunchmaster Multi Seed Crackers (all flavours), popcorn with J & D's Malt Salt, Jake Baked Sourdough Hard Pretzels with honey dijon mustard, Bulk Barn Chili Lime Soy Sticks... are a few of my favourites.
  • SweetSailor
    SweetSailor Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    The following are always in stock in my house:

dried seaweed

pistachios in the shell (I buy the huge bag at costco and make 1/2c baggies to grab)

air popcorn with nutritional yeast

Castelvetrano olives with pits in them
  • EvanKeel
    EvanKeel Posts: 1,904 Member
    Options
    kosher mini dills.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    I discovered vegetables and low sodium soy sauce today! My carrots were major crunch factor and the soy was pretty yummy. Still loaded with salt, but MMMMMM.
  • ttiiggzz
    ttiiggzz Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I love roasted chick peas. Drain and rinse a can, drizzle with olive oil and seasonings of your choice and roast at 450 until crispy. So good!

I second this one... I have to portion them out quickly or I'll eat the whole can!
  • JenSD6
    JenSD6 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Roasted chickpeas
    Kale chips

Both are easy to make yourself and you can flavour differently every time.

As someone else mentioned, spicy salami/capicola ham/other thinly sliced round meat microwaved to a crisp, then add a dollop of herb garlic Laughing Cow Light cheese. So tasty and easy!

I need to try those salt and vingegar chickpeas, as salt and vinegar is my absolute weakness in salty snacks.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    yellow and orange peppers with the stem ends and white veins removed. the broken into chunks. salt and pepper. raw.

rice cakes, the plain salted ones.
  • Sharonks
    Sharonks Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    wasa crisp and light crackers (70 cals for 3 2x4 crackers) with whatever you like on top or just by themselves. They are good with laughing cow cheese, pb, hummus, sliced cheese or whatever else you would put on a cracker. You could probably spray them with spray oil and season them too.
  • bethb41
    Options
    So many great ideas. Some I knew but lots that were new. Can't wait to try the Kale chips and the salt and vinegar chick peas.
    Many thanks