Calorie burn calculations

I do not remember where I read it as it has been a while, but when getting calorie burn calculations whether from a machine or a HRM or even MFP those calculations include what you would have burned anyway during that time.

I forget how it went exactly but as an example lets say I have a BMR of 2700 calories a day so if you divided that over a 24 hour period you would get 112.5. So if you do an hour of cardio and whatever you use to measure says you burned 400 calories, part of that 400 is the 112 you would have burned anyway.

That is why when the machines and the HRM asks you to enter your weight and such so it can do the calculation. So if you eat back your exercise calories you are also eating back some of your BMR calories. Over time this can add up.

Has anyone else seen this, am i making sense in what I am trying to explain. It just seems that if someone is trying to ride the edge of the numbers they could be going over and not realize it unless I am misunderstanding how this works.

If I am please feel free to correct me.

Replies

• I'm new here and I totally do not understand the daily summary. I just need to know how many calories to eat a day and how many I should be burning thru excersise. I cant find help anywhere and its driving me NUTS!!