Question on calculating calories burned

Options
:smile:
Hello,
I read someone who posted they burned X amounts of calories during a zumba class...how can you tell? Can a HRM do this? Thanks in advance.

Replies

• BereniceB
    Options
    I have the same question. I haven't find "zumba" in the list of MFP, so, i just put it like dance. Hope someone can tell us (:
  • tammyvarley77
    tammyvarley77 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • LaurenEileen74
    LaurenEileen74 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I found online that 35 min of Zumba = 272 calories burned, so I'm going with that :smile:
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    HRM is the most accurate. All but the basic ones will do this. Get one with a chest strap. Look at the Bodymedia Fit for all day wear too.
  • Piscesgrl227
    Piscesgrl227 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    There are gadgets that you can wear that can measure your activity and tell you how many calories you burn.
    Here are some popular ones:
    Body Media Armband
    FitBit
    Nike Fuel Band
    Heart Rate Monitors

(Tip: If you check the Myfitnesspal app gallery, you can see which ones sync with MFP and the device automatically sync the number of calories you burn to MFP.)

I currently use the Body Media armband and when I do zumba, I normally burn about 500 calories for a 1 hr class. It depends on how intense/how much you move in the class.

Hope that helps.
  • DesireeAshley90
    DesireeAshley90 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Love love love the Body Media Armband. Definitely a worthy investment!
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    Love love love the Body Media Armband. Definitely a worthy investment!

Me too.
  • XXJanBXX
    XXJanBXX Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I used this online calculator to get a rough idea: http://caloriesburnedhq.com/zumba-calories-burned/