We got talking and then she ...

Options
Short of it is I lost 5stone between 28th August - 24th December and have been maintaining since. It has been a struggle and felt like giving up but then you get your mojo back.

I got on the same train I've been getting for over a year and sat down next to this lady I'd smiled at for all this time but barely chatted, well we got talking and moved onto me cycling and how it must be cold etc and then she said 'it must be good exercise' I mentioned that I'd been dieting to which she replied 'I had noticed but didn't want to say anything' we chatted done more and it ended with her telling me what an inspiration I am and that I seem far too strong willed to slip back into the old regime.

It just made me realise that it only takes one person to inspire another to succeed, so even at your lowest point just think how dad you've come and how great it feels when people praise you although I found it quite embarrassing.

Keep rocking it people and if anyone wants a friend who rambles on about all sorts of rubbish then add me.

Replies

• Sarah1023
    Sarah1023 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    **LIKE**
  • EdTheGinge
    EdTheGinge Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    Whoop whoop Sarah
  • jeremyw1977
    jeremyw1977 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Great story, like it, love it.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    :D Awesome! It's great when you get some credit from outside your usual sphere :)
  • kellykaz79
    kellykaz79 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    How motivating and encouraging! you have worked so hard, Ed. Well done!
  • EdTheGinge
    Options
    Thank you thank you and you're rocking Kaz, whoop whoop
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    Fine work mah dear.
  • MaryRegs
    MaryRegs Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    this is a great story!! congratulations and keep up the great work!
  • nashsheri33
    nashsheri33 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    sweet NSV!
  • PaulFromEssex
    Options
    No more than you deserve Ed, well done matey!
  • EdTheGinge
    Options
    I've just read it back and would like to apologise for the spelling mistakes or predictive text lol
  • nwg74
    nwg74 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Nice story.

I used to walk the same 2.5 mile route every day.. One day a complete stranger that I have never seen before came up to me and said he had noticed me walking 2 or 3 times a week. He said he noticed I had lost weight and walking faster and more upright. By that time I had lost 10 stone (140 pounds). I still don't know who it was or seen him since.
  • EdTheGinge
    Options
    Nice story.

I used to walk the same 2.5 mile route every day.. One day a complete stranger that I have never seen before came up to me and said he had noticed me walking 2 or 3 times a week. He said he noticed I had lost weight and walking faster and more upright. By that time I had lost 10 stone (140 pounds). I still don't know who it was or seen him since.

Awesome stuff, bet that made you feel good. Top work
  • nwg74
    nwg74 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Nice story.

Awesome stuff, bet that made you feel good. Top work

Thanks, totally took me by surprise. I do find people are more chatty now when I am about that have never spoken to me before.
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    You never think about who is watching do you? But thats a good thing cuz then we are doing it for the most important person, ourselves not thinking about what the others are saying. Good for you!
  • EdTheGinge
    Options
    Never a truer word spoken