High fat Low Carb

Options
Hi guys, has anyone got any recommendations for high-fat, low-carb snacks? I'm over on my Carbs % for today and low on fat/protein!

Replies

• mcknjack
    Options
    Boiled eggs, tuna. string cheese......I use all of these as snacks. Not such high fat, except maybe some in the cheese, but all have high protein as compared to carbs.
  • BrittKnee_Rae
    BrittKnee_Rae Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    grilled chicken, pork skins, Eas Advantage Carb Control-Chocolate Fudge Protein shake, broc and cheese, eggs..
  • NoraMich84
    NoraMich84 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    2% Greek yogurt (plain) with berries (or for an added punch of fat peanut butter) - Not high in fat, but my fav brand (Fage) has 23 grams of protein/ cup
    Chicken breast sauteed in olive oil and green peppers - In my book chicken can be a snack oh and so can steak :happy:
    Peanut butter and celery
    Nuts - Not that high in protein but fat galore
    Hamburger patty w/o bread
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    One of my favorites is a hamburger patty with a slice of cheese and a tablespoon or two of salsa on top. Another good one is tuna salad with full fat mayo eaten using celery sticks as scoops or just with a fork. You can also eat it over lettuce.
  • dsendre
    dsendre Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Almond butter and peanut butter are my favorite low carb/high fat snacks. Avacado is also a great option.
  • bluefrog_2001
    bluefrog_2001 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Cottage Cheese with fruit (I love pineapple). Very filling and it helps curb the sweet cravings too.

I personally buy the high fat stuff - 4% because the 2% and 0% taste like crap.