How to wear my HRM watch?

Johnnyswife
Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
edited September 20 in Fitness and Exercise
Okay..I've been using this off and on for a total of 4 months. I alway wear it on top of my wrist, but I wondered if it would be more accurate worn under the wrist?
Any of my fellow HRM watch wearers, how do you wear yours?

Replies

• Do you have the kind that has a band that you wear around your upper waist? That is what I have, so i wear the waist band and just wear the watch part like a normal watch- on my wrist. If you're talking about wearing it under your wrist, then I don't think it is as accurate- I tried it before (when I was thinking about sneaking it in to a bikram yoga class) and it wasn't able to detect my heart rate all the time.
  • Johnnyswife
    No waist band. Just a watch that you strap to your wrist. Your pulse points are in the inside of your wrist, so just wondered if I whould flip it under my wrist instead of wearing on top like I usualy do.
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    The only thing I can say is to try it and see which way is better. True that your pulse points are on the bottom of your wrist, but some people find wearing a watch like that uncomfortable. You may also find as sbarrack001 pointed out that it doesn't work as well. Experiment and do what works best for you.
  • Johnnyswife
    Okay I went ahead and wore it on the inside of my wrist.
    The Pro: Each time I did a reading, I got a result. The heart rate changed as I upped or lowered my workout, and unlike wearing it the other way. I would do a reading, and get nothing. Sometimes I would have to do a read 3 to 4 times before getting a result.
    The con: I accidently turned it off 10 minutes into my workout. did a read, and my hand curled up, and hit the stop button on the side., I didn't notice it for another 5 minutes of a high intensity run. :grumble: I know I burned more calories than it said I did, but going to have to stick with the lower amount to be on the safe side.

I can try it again on monday, but this time I will be mindful of my hand hitting buttons...
  • amarti24
    amarti24 Posts: 19 Member
    What kind of hrm is this?

I am a big fan of the transmitter being around your chest. In cold weather it allows me to wear my watch on the outside of my jacket so I can see where I am at without lifting the sleeve every time.
This discussion has been closed.