Sigh

So i need to ask, FI and i have been discussing children i want one eventually but how do you recover your body after pregnancy? I am going to lose 100 pounds before our wedding but then what? undo all my hard work? i don't know why this is stressing me out so much. :( is it possible to have your body completely unscathed after child birth?

Replies

• prattiger65
    prattiger65 Posts: 1,657 Member
    I am not a woman, so I can not speak about child birth/body etc. The one thing I would say is, Wouldn't you rather have the conversation about children BEFORE you were married? That is a big issue. You both need to be in lock step agreement about that BEFORE you get married.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 18,131 Member
    ^^ agreed. I think the kid talk is important pre-marriage. It would suck to get married and then find out you're on different pages.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Good that you're discussing it now.
  • I am not a woman, so I can not speak about child birth/body etc. The one thing I would say is, Wouldn't you rather have the conversation about children BEFORE you were married? That is a big issue. You both need to be in lock step agreement about that BEFORE you get married.

Yes we both do want them eventually i just want to be able to stay in good shape after were married with children so to speak lol
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 18,131 Member
    Well, there is a reason they invented the term MILF...
  • eliseofthejungle
    eliseofthejungle Posts: 113 Member
    I really came out of mine mostly unscathed. I lost 40 lbs before becoming pregnant (unexpectedly, which unfortunately put a halt to my momentum). I knew what my maintenance calories were so I used that as a guide to slowly up my intake as the pregnancy progressed. I also exercised the entire time - I was fortunate to have zero negative pregnancy symptoms or complications so this was possible. I gained 17 lbs while pregnant and lost all but 3-5 lbs at birth. A week later I was in my pre-pregnancy clothes. I was a little squishy for a couple months because it just takes time for your body to re-adjust. Honestly my boobs are slightly less firm (though this could easily be as much from the weight loss as from the pregnancy) and I have one small stretch mark through my belly-button ring hole and those are the only lasting effects on my body. Even though they're really a genetic thing, I attribute my lack of stretchmarks to not gaining much weight, carrying waaay to the back, and the fact that my skin hadn't fully tightened from my prior weight loss (though it was and still isn't saggy) because I'm prone to them ordinarily.

If I were you, I wouldn't let THIS be any where near a deciding factor on whether or not to have children - there are so many more important factors.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Your body will change with kids, but the fact is, a lot of healthy women only gain about twice the baby's weight and a lot of that is placenta and bloating. Then, you actually burn more calories through breast feeding than through pregnancy.

There are plenty of MILFs out there!
  • GluttonousGirl
    GluttonousGirl Posts: 384 Member
    I gained a total of 17 lbs when I got pregnant and 8 of that was baby. I actually came out weighing less than before I started. Eat healthy and continue to exercise through the pregnancy....and breastfeeding helps as well
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    If you learn to eat sensibly and exercise before getting pregnant there is no reason why you need to gain a lot of weight during pregnancy. You should only gain 25-30 pounds during a pregnancy (less if you are overweight when you get pregnant). If you deliver full term, you will easily lose 10 pounds between the baby, amniotic fluid, and the placenta. So, you really only have 15 pounds to lose after you deliver. That isn't to say it will be easy to do, but gaining 15 pounds is hardly undoing all of your hard work.
  • malyndad
    malyndad Posts: 30 Member
    As long as you eat healthy, watch your sodium intake and get enough water and exercise you shouldn't have to worry about excess weight gain. Use cocoa butter/bio oil on your tummy and breasts as they expand to help lessen stretch marks...don't let this be a factor in your decision about children.
  • supermodelchic
    supermodelchic Posts: 550 Member
    I've had 3 babies , gained 60 with my second son, so yes it is possible, did not say it was easy but it can be done, my body did what it was suppose to do. I ate super healthy food so that I would have strong healthy kids, and I did, gave them the best possible start to their lives , it is just 9 months , if your lucky enough to have babies , not everyone gets to do this . just enjoy when the time comes and then work your *kitten* off again.
  • sofielein
    sofielein Posts: 539 Member
    I would rather be fat with kids than skinny without kids

Luckily, there are other options available too! : )