My one year Anniversary

Options
JJs25th
JJs25th Posts: 204 Member
Today is my one year anniversary with MFP. I am down 22.1 pounds. And I am within 2 pounds (1.9 to be exact) of my final goal. I have dropped from 152 lbs to 130, a size 12 in slacks to a size 4. But more importantly, I am healthier and happier, and I feel tons better. My blood pressure is lower, and even though I still need a BP medication -- I am on far less than I was a year ago. Even my migrains are more controlled. I have signed up for a 5K charity walk at the end of this month -- and I am looking forward to it! Yah Me! I have stuck it out far longer than I have before. I may be a the turtle in my pace, but this site has helped me to improve my life while working within the framework of my life. Thank you, Mike -- it is a wonderful tool you have created. Thank you, Maura -- for telling me about it. Thank you DH -- for being a wonderful source of support and encouragement. Thank you to all of you here on MFP for sharing your knowledge and your stories -- they have helped keep me going when things were a little tough.:flowerforyou:

Replies

• aunienue
    aunienue Posts: 416
    Options
    Wow, you should be so proud of yourself! I'm proud of you! Your pace doesn't matter as long as progress is being made. :flowerforyou:

Sue
  • fitandhealthy
    fitandhealthy Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Way to go JJ!
    Congratulations on sticking to it, making your goal, and more importantly, being healthier! You are an inspiration! :flowerforyou:
  • waguchan
    waguchan Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Great job! Let us know when you reach that goal and have fun at the 5K!
  • justann
    justann Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS!!! :flowerforyou: You are definately an inspiration to me. We are the same age and I have the same weight loss goal as you did. I am struggling though. Seems I keep losing and gaining the same few pounds so far. I sure hope you plan on hanging around on the site for maintenance and for continuing to help others out.:wink:
  • JJs25th
    JJs25th Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Thank you all, it is nice to inspire as I have been inspired!

Justann -- I am planning on sticking around. I worked hard to get where I am at -- I want to stay here. One thing I noticed during this journey was that i did not smoothly drop the pounds off. It was more like going down stairs -- down a pound (or a portion) this week, and maybe weigh the same next week, up a portion the week after that...then bam! drop a full pound or a bit more. I keep my focus on the general downward slope of my progress and how I am feeling. Most importantly I never give up, and I never consider any thing I do as a failure ( It'smore like being in a volunteer organization -- It just isn't the success today that I had hoped for. :ohwell: ) and I move on. I still enjoy eating things I have always eaten (homemade Mac & cheese -- YUM!) I just don't eat as large a portion. I have worked more exercise into my life - but I don't live in the gym.

I have taught tai chi to Senior Citizens for 10 years, and practiced it for almost 20. My practice and my students have taught me that in the course of a life -- a year or two is short . So long as we are moving forward we are making progress.
  • jrhm
    jrhm Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Congratulatons, JJ, it will be great doing the 5K with you, I seem to be stuck at 118 pounds, however, I am loosing inches which is really more important to me. Thank you for getting me to join MFP as it made me a lot more aware of what I am eating, and just how much exercise I need to do. I have been taken off my BP mediction and my blood pressure is down to 113/62!!! Yeah, one more pill gone. I agree with you, I feel so much better and can't remember when I had my last migraine - at least a month ago, a record for me! Congratulations again.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!