When do you end/begin?

Options
If im not mistaken
the calorie diary for the day ends Midnight, every day.

Question though,

If i eat something at 11 PM, doesn't that pretty much go over into the next day?

i guess the whole system is just confusing me slightly...
any help would be great thank you!

Replies

• wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    I count my food for the day from when I wake up to when I go to sleep. Your body doesn't know what random times you've defined as the start and finish of your day. It just uses the calories you feed it to fuel itself on a continuous cycle. You could tell yourself that your day begins at precisely 6:04 am and ends at 6:03 am the following morning and that's how you enter your food here. But your body won't know that you've defined those times and only process the food you've eaten since 6:04am before 6:03am and then start over with the new food you're giving it.

So, I keep it simple, my day begins when I wake up and ends when I go to sleep for the night. So if I'm awake and eat something at 2am tonight/tomorrow morning, you'll see that in my log under today, Feb 25.

I used to worry about that exact same thing. To the point where I would refuse to ingest anything after midnight because I had no "right" answer on which day it should be logged. But there truly is no right or wrong across the board. The only trick is consistency, so pick your definition of the day for how you will log stuff and then stick with it. :)
  • JosieRawr
    JosieRawr Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    I go midnight to midnight. I regularly eat after midnight and it's either the first meal of the new day or stuck at the bottom of the new day (so that it doesn't interfere with my flow lol) Pretty much I don't think it matters, just pick a way n try to stick to it. (purely for consistency) what works for you is just that- :)