What to eat after workout

Options
I have pretty much blown what I wanted to do as far as meals today due to coming home and just having an unquenchable hunger after my workout.

Is there something I can eat which will help the hunger? I tried a snack before the gym today, which was different from what I have been doing.

Any tips would be appreciated.

Replies

• mskitson
    mskitson Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I read in "Eat This Not That" that drinking regular milk, chocolate milk and/or water will help with hunger and will replenish the nutrients that your body needs after a workout. I usually try to do this, but also I eat raw almonds after working out and it seems to make me feel better and I don't feel like I'm starving. Not sure if that will help or not...
  • tpittsley77
    tpittsley77 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Protein shakes always work for me. Drink plenty of water while working out. You could just be dehydrated.
  • RepsnSets
    RepsnSets Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I find I'll be very hungry after cardio but not so much after lifting.

I'll usually have a protein shake after cardio
  • StephShuttle
    StephShuttle Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I try to go with something, proteiny, thicky and liquidy.
    Today I made this smoothie and it always really satisfies me. For a couple of hours at least, after that I just get into bed (I work out in the evenings) and basically not much can drag me out of there.

Morrisons - Cocoa Powder, 2.5 grams
    Bell Plantation - Pb2: Powdered Peanut Butter, 2 TB
    Fruit - Banana - Peeled, 75 g
    Morrisons - Nu Me Fat Free Greek-Style Yogurt, 43 g (frozen into cubes to make the smoothie thicker)
    Morrisons - Uht Unsweetened Soya Milk, 125 ml

Cals 162
    Carbs 21
    Fat 5
    Protein 14
    Iron1
    Fiber 6