That topic all us women have been dreading...

Options
2»

Replies

• SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    Swimsuit Season!

This year will be the first time since I was like 8 that I might even consider getting a two-piece bathing suit.

It's something I absolutely dread shopping for and have done a pretty good job of avoiding it given that I haven't bought a swimsuit since the summer of 2010 and I never even wore it.

What I really want to know is if anyone has suggestions of a good swimsuit that can help cover up some trouble areas (since I am still not entirely comfortable with the idea of being half naked in public) but still be cute and youthful and fun? Is there any thing out there?

I looked at the Spanx suits but cannot justify spending over $150 on something I will barely wear.
    You said you have trouble areas but did not say where. In order to really tell you what kind of swimsuit (I would wear at least) to cover up my trouble areas I'd have to know this so instead I'll break it down into the most common trouble areas.

If you are afraid of your belly a nice full bottom one piece, if you like your butt but not your belly opt for more of a brazillian cut bottom one piece.

If your thighs are your issue, a skirted one piece, but if your belly is awesome and you just fear your behind, then go with a skirt bottom and a rockin top to show your bust and waist line but hide that pesky back side.

Personally go with what you feel comfortable with. I wore a two piece even with stretch marks. Swimming is about enjoyment!
  • k8eekins
    k8eekins Posts: 2,264 Member
    Options
    Swimsuit Season!

This year will be the first time since I was like 8 that I might even consider getting a two-piece bathing suit.

It's something I absolutely dread shopping for and have done a pretty good job of avoiding it given that I haven't bought a swimsuit since the summer of 2010 and I never even wore it.

What I really want to know is if anyone has suggestions of a good swimsuit that can help cover up some trouble areas (since I am still not entirely comfortable with the idea of being half naked in public) but still be cute and youthful and fun? Is there any thing out there?

I looked at the Spanx suits but cannot justify spending over $150 on something I will barely wear.

I'm absolutely amazed with how far you've come so far, at seeing your photos. Just beautiful.

Taking your discomfiture into consideration, there are cut out design swimsuits like (i) Herve Leger or (ii) Norma Kamali or (iii) Pucci you may keep in mind, to allow you the flexibility to address your trouble spots, which should allow you the comfy-zone of being attired enough, just less the all too bare look.

Budget-options less than $150: http://us.asos.com/Women-Swimwear-Swimsuits/s0abo/?cid=10118#state=Rf-800=-1,88&parentID=-1&pge=0&pgeSize=20&sort=-1