8 weeks in and gaining weight

I eat about 1300 cals a day and yet i am gaining weight- i know its early days (only 8 weeks in) but why am i gaining weight???? Losing the will to lose....

Replies

• Have you been working out? my guess is you are gaining muscle.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Can you open your diary?
  • My weight loss has stymied this month as well. January I was careful with carbs and calories and lost 14 pounds. February I added in the 30 day shred exercise 5-6 times a week and the weight loss has dropped to nothing. It is quite discouraging. I feel a bit better about the exercising and all, but I have found myself not being as careful with what I eat since I'd stopped dropping the pounds.
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Hi

A bit more info such as height weight excercise routine etc and opening your diary will help people give you some constructive advice. :smile:
  • Erikalynne18
    Erikalynne18 Posts: 558 Member
    take some measurements and progress pics :) These always help when I get discouraged!

Also, maybe you aren't eating enough calories. Many people on here have suggested the "eat more to lose weight" option. I know it sounds off but some people will outright swear it works! :D This calculator is suggested alot: http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/

Remember to fuel your body, don't hate on food/starve, just make better choices :)
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Have you been working out? my guess is you are gaining muscle.
    Unless she is taking steroids and by 8 weeks she means 8 months then probably not.
  • sarahstrezo
    sarahstrezo Posts: 568 Member
    Someone eating 1300 cals is NOT gaining muscle. It doesn't work like that.

OP, open your diary. Are you measuring your food? ALL of your food?? Are you being completely honest and logging all of your food? Every last bite you put in your mouth?
  • avababy05
    avababy05 Posts: 930 Member
    My weight loss has stymied this month as well. January I was careful with carbs and calories and lost 14 pounds. February I added in the 30 day shred exercise 5-6 times a week and the weight loss has dropped to nothing. It is quite discouraging. I feel a bit better about the exercising and all, but I have found myself not being as careful with what I eat since I'd stopped dropping the pounds.

I gained weight with the shred too.But I lost inches and feel great.When you stop,you'll probably start losing again.