My small work NSV

Options
Aarjono
Aarjono Posts: 228 Member
A little background: in my job I have to gown up for work in a clean room sometimes: shoe covers, zip up coveralls (called a "bunny suit"), mask, gloves, the whole bit, all over my regular clothes. A process that invariably leaves me embarrassed and out of breath because I can't even lift one foot a few inches off the floor without having to grab my cuff, let alone balance long enough to do anything without falling over. Usually by the end of the whole gown-up process i am dripping in sweat from effort.

I started my journey in January with the mindset of becoming more fit. I started going to Pilates in January to attempt to increase my core strength, and have stuck with it-- I love it. One of my tangible short-term goals was to be able to lift my legs, maneuver and balance to gown up without having to sit down or lean up against anything and not fall over when balancing on one leg to do it.

Well, today when I went to the clean room, I DID IT-- I put on the bunny suit and the shoe covers without leaning against anything, and I didn't fall over!!!!! I also wasn't out of breath *or* covered in sweat by the time I finished, either. LOL

Yay, me!!!! (and the 7 inches I've lost since January allowed me to put on the next smaller suit!)

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!