Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Calf Stretches

Hey friends! I'm currently training for my first half marathon (I've only ever done 5Ks). I did my longest run yesterday (6 miles) and I have really tight calf muscles. I was wondering what calf stretches everyone does/lives by?
Thanks!

Replies

• rayvynn5374
    rayvynn5374 Posts: 272 Member
    Maybe it's not the stretching but the shoes? I am not sure how to explain the stretching i do but basically it's like the crap we did in middle school. So far up to 6 miles also in the half marathon training and no problems except this weekend trying to run on an empty stomach and no stretching in the bitter cold. Let me tell you OMG!!!!!!!! do not do it EVER! I was crying before the second mile! How long have you been training also?
  • dangitsjill
    dangitsjill Posts: 68 Member
    I've been training about a month. I'm following an online program. It started to snow on me during my long run yesterday. I wanted to give up so fast. But it felt so good when I was done :)
  • rayvynn5374
    rayvynn5374 Posts: 272 Member
    hahaha I felt like DEATH in a blender when I was done yesterday! Hubby felt guilty!
  • matt2442
    matt2442 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Foam roller. Buy one, it will be your bestfriend
  • thooks0614
    thooks0614 Posts: 68 Member
    I second the foam roller. Uhhhg right on the quads and IT band oooohhh boy it hurts so good lol
  • jrlevo
    jrlevo Posts: 12
    You can also use a calf stretching Wedge, I have one of these which I have made.

This was upon the advice of my Physio and I have never looked back, it has definitely helped with stretching out my calves