workout video suggestions?

perrim
perrim Posts: 117
edited September 20 in Fitness and Exercise
I'm wanting to get a workout video that I can do on the weekends when I don't feel like walking/jogging outside or going to the gym. I'm not looking for anything too complicated. I used to LOVE my step aerobics class, so a step video might be good (I'd be willing to buy a step) or maybe a good cardio kickboxing video? Back in the day, years ago, I remember "The Firm" videos. I think they were good, but it's been so long.

I'm getting in pretty decent shape, so I want something that will kick my butt, but not be too complicated (although I like complicated step moves).

Thanks!

Replies

• imagymrat
    imagymrat Posts: 862 Member
    I'm wanting to get a workout video that I can do on the weekends when I don't feel like walking/jogging outside or going to the gym. I'm not looking for anything too complicated. I used to LOVE my step aerobics class, so a step video might be good (I'd be willing to buy a step) or maybe a good cardio kickboxing video? Back in the day, years ago, I remember "The Firm" videos. I think they were good, but it's been so long.

I'm getting in pretty decent shape, so I want something that will kick my butt, but not be too complicated (although I like complicated step moves).

Thanks!

The Firm is still going strong, I love their step DVD's! I used to be a huge fan back in the day that I didn't do the gym thing. Reebox produces some fantastic step DVD's as well, the choreography in these ones are great.
  • sinman22807
    sinman22807 Posts: 66 Member
    I LOVE Jillian Michaels DVDs. I just did her 30 day shred. It has 3 levels. You do level 1 for 10 days level 2 for 10 days and level 3 for 10 days.. I am still on Level one but love it so far! She does a little bit of everything Cardio, strength and Abs all in 20 minutes and it makes me sweat my butt off. I guess it is considered Circuit Training.
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    I just found on Netflix I can stream workout videos. This way I don't get bored with one DVD and can change it up based on your mood.

Other than that I like Crunch Studios- Boot Camp.

For step aerobics I use my Playstation Yourself Fitness program that uses a normal step.
  • perrim
    perrim Posts: 117
    Thanks! I think I'm going to check out the Firm and Reebok videos this weekend and hope I pick a winner :)
  • Also check out exercisetv.tv. There's a bunch of free full-length videos there that I use on a regular basis. I also like the Shape ones.
This discussion has been closed.