Fupa?

Options
For those of you who don't know what a fupa is, it's the upper area above the vagina/penis that buldges out when you get fat. I was told that it will never completely go away and you'll always have some fat in that area once it starts to grow. Does anyone who has gone from fat to fit know if it does go away completely? The buldge is so unsightly and I really don't want to be with it forever....

Replies

• It will reduce...promise!!!
  • ritajerm
    ritajerm Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    That’s good to know @philanthropichelmick !
    Can you share what your focus was? Increased protein? Reduced fat? Exercise?
  • ddsb1111
    ddsb1111 Posts: 739 Member
    edited March 24
    Options
    ritajerm wrote: »
    That’s good to know @philanthropichelmick !
    Can you share what your focus was? Increased protein? Reduced fat? Exercise?

Hi rita, this post was from 2013 and you asked a question for someone who responded in 2014 so you might not hear back from them specifically. But, you’re not alone, this has been my most frustrating area since turning 40. Never gained in this spot before, but as hormones change where we gain weight can change too.

I’m maintaining at this point, BMI 20, but still have enough for me to grab with both hands. Since we can’t spot reduce it might depend on the person individually. I don’t typically see weight lifters with this issue but they’re fairly built at that point. It certainly couldn’t hurt, and can reduce it, but I don’t know if there’s much else we can do other than lipo or something. If you have weight to lose, I would work on that first while weight training.
  • LisaKay91
    LisaKay91 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Has not gone away for me.
    I went from 300 to 135 and it's still pretty significant, I would need surgery to look 'normal'