How hard is your diet/exercise routine?

Options
Question to all.

How much weight do you have to lose?

How fast are you trying to lose it?

How fast are you losing it?

On a scale of 1-10 how hard are you finding it the last week?

My answers are I want to lose another 29 pounds, at 1.5 pounds a week, but am actually still losing 3-3.5 pounds a week for some reason, and on a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being impossible it's a 6.5 the last week, harder than usual. I am asking because I am considering going down to 1 pound a week because the difficulty is ramping up the lower i get, and because I am losing twice my goal anyway.

Replies

• sokkache
    sokkache Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    How much weight do you have to lose? About 20 pounds. It was the same 2 months ago. My weight hasn't budged, but I feel healthier for sure.

How fast are you trying to lose it? ASAP, but in a way where I won't gain it all back so I'm thinking about 2 pounds a month because my metabolism won't go any faster. Maybe if I'm lucky, then 3 pounds a month.

How fast are you losing it? I don't know. I've only lost 2 pounds so far so you tell me.

On a scale of 1-10 how hard are you finding it the last week? 5, I don't focus all my attention on weight loss which is why I'm probably losing it so slowly, but I am definitely aware of my eating habits. Exercise, not so much, but now it's tennis time so I'll be exercising almost every day.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Question to all.

Probably somewhere in the neighborhood of 10-12 more pounds - I'm shooting for a bodyfat% and aesthetic goal more so than a number on the scale. Truth be told, the number on the scale is completely irrelevant to me.
    Not in any hurry at all. I don't have any kind of deadline/goal date. When I'm there, I'm there.
    Verrry slowly - about 0.5 lb./wk.
    1 on a scale of 1-10. The more gradual you make it, the more calories you can eat, the less hungry you are and the less stressed out you are about it.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    Maybe another 20 pounds at first. I'd like to get into the mid-high 180s before I completely shift gears into 'wreck ****' mode.

As fast as I possibly can without running a ridiculous deficit that will impact my strength negatively.

I've lost 40 lbs. over the last six months. Not exactly rocket speed, but it's coming down, lifts are up, so I'm happy with it so far.

Not at all. The longer you're in it, the easier it gets, assuming that you have a goal that actually means something to you.
  • Justjamie0418
    Justjamie0418 Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    Question to all.

20-30 lbs max

as soon as I can! But realistically I'd like it gone around May.. if possible.

I just started back at things this week and I've lost 3-4 pounds

I'm doing Insanity after taking a 6month fitness break. LOL while I am doing the workouts.. I'd say 10..but sitting here afterwards I'd say an 8. I could be doing some more.

• Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    If you are losing 3 - 3 1/2 lb a week and only want to lose about a lb, and are finding it hard...your thoughts about upping your calories make sense and would be advisable imo.
  • carfamily08
    Options
    How much weight do you have to lose? Now, 2-10 depending on where I feel best

How fast are you trying to lose it? 1/2 pound to 1 pound a week

How fast are you losing it? Closer to the 1/2 pound mark

On a scale of 1-10 how hard are you finding it the last week? 1. I'm totally motivated by my progress and how far I've come :)

I will add that I started off losing 2 pounds a week on average and since I've gotten closer to my goal and slowed it down to where I'm losing 1/2 pound a week it's been tough to not see the numbers come down as fast BUT I know this is the healthy and sustainable way so I stick with it :)
  • trudijoy
    trudijoy Posts: 1,685 Member
    Options
    How much weight do you have to lose? another 15 kg

How fast are you trying to lose it? i've been averaging a kg a week but i'd be happy if it took longer than that, i'd like it all gone by the end of netball season though which is august

How fast are you losing it? I've lost nearly 10 in 60 days

On a scale of 1-10 how hard are you finding it the last week? 1 being nasty and 10 being amazingly easy, fun, and positive, a 14.
  • EdTheGinge
    EdTheGinge Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    Question to all.

I'm now maintaining but when losing:

1. 70lbs
    2. Didn't want to force it but as soon as I could
    3. I lost my 70lbs/5stone in 5months, averaged around 3.5lbs a week
    4. I found it very easy once I got into a routine/habit.

Now maintaining is a different matter, very tough but that's probably more mentally than anything else.
  • selmafeki
    selmafeki Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'd like to loose another 12 lbs.

As fast as I can. Being a full time student at uni I sometimes struggle to keep up with the gym part, but always give 100% when it comes to food.

I'd like to loose 1 pound a week

Last week was quite hard, was travelling, but then again when I came home and stocked up the fridge with nice and healthy foods it was not as hard!
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    Question to all.

I've got another 12lbs I'd like to lose, but may re-evaluate when I get there. I think when I get to that weight it'll be more about building muscle and lowering body fat, than wanting the scale to go down.

No time limit, although it would be nice to have done it by July.

I lose quite slowly. It's taken me 19 months to lose 60lbs, so usually i'm lucky to lose 0.5lbs a week, although I sometimes lose nothing for about 3 weeks, then all of a sudden have a big loss.

I've not been feeling well the past few days so I haven't exercised as much. I tried doing aerobics on Sat, but felt awful. I haven't been eating much either.

I usually find it ok. My biggest difficulties over the past 19 months have been lack of sleep. When I started out my daughter was only 7 weeks old, and my son just 2 years, so I was being woken several times a night. They still do that now sometimes at 3.5 and 21 months!

My answers are I want to lose another 29 pounds, at 1.5 pounds a week, but am actually still losing 3-3.5 pounds a week for some reason, and on a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being impossible it's a 6.5 the last week, harder than usual. I am asking because I am considering going down to 1 pound a week because the difficulty is ramping up the lower i get, and because I am losing twice my goal anyway.
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    A couple of pounds to go I'd guess, dunno, not really weight-focused, when the jiggly bits don't jiggle I'm done.

Don't have a weight loss rate in mind.

I last weighed myself in July so I've no idea what my progress is like.

Finding it all pretty easy actually, I accept whatever the day brings and hope to move in the right direction eventually ... A 2?

I don't have an exercise routine, I try to incorporate movement into my day.

Hope that helps! ;)
  • laurynwithawhy
    laurynwithawhy Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I have about 7 pounds to lose until I will be happy, Ideally 10 or 15 to be at an "acceptable" weight. I am 5'4, female, and currently 152 pounds. I have already lost 10 pounds. I started doing Eat more to weigh less (you can find their group on here) in November after about 5 pounds lost. Currently I am losing about .4 pounds a week. It's a marathon not a sprint. I hope to be at my goal by May. That being said, I do Insanity, which is about a 10 on the exercise scale, but I eat 2000 calories a day, which is about a 3 on the diet scale.

I think that you can definitely ease up a bit, and it will probably make maintaining that much easier. However, I would keep your exercise level high while maybe increasing your calories. That should give you the physical results that you're looking for even if the scale doesn't reflect it,
  • witchy_wife
    witchy_wife Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    How much weight do you have to lose? About another 40lbs (almost 40 gone so around half way there)

How fast are you trying to lose it? I lost my first 40 in a year so I expect the next 40 to take at least a year too, maybe longer.

How fast are you losing it? Anywhere between 0.5 and 1.5lb a week.

On a scale of 1-10 how hard are you finding it the last week? If 1 is the easiest and 10 the hardest I would go for a three. I found it harder in the past but now I am fasting 1 or 2 days a week (500 cals) and eating more on the other days so that my overall weekly total is TDEE - 20%. I also make it so that I have more calories on a weekend which is when I struggle so this helps a LOT!

For exercise I am training for a charity event, it's the 3 highest peaks in Yorkshire, covering 25 miles, in under 12 hours. That is in July so I'm trying to increase my strength and stamina with my walking. Hard work but I enjoy it.
  • benol1
    benol1 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    The weight is falling off on its own at its own pace.
    I am just concentrating on eating a healthy diet and within my calorie limits (without being obsessive) and engaging in regular physical activity most days of the week.
    My exercise regime incorporates walking everyday, RPM classes, Cardio and weights sessions, and swimming. The difficulty ranges from easy to excoriating.
  • Superchas
    Superchas Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    10 more lbs
    End of March
    Lost 18 lbs in 2013 having gained 8 lbs at Christmas
    Compared to the start about a 2
    Discovered an infinite capacity for exercise as the pounds went away and now do 2000 calories of exercise most days but this would have killed me when I started as I was pleased to walk a mile and would need to stop frequently.
    Have lost 2.5lbs a week on average since start with 4lbs the norm at the start but definitely tapered to about 1- 1.5lb for last six months with surges as find new level of exercise.
  • P05T5CRIPT
    P05T5CRIPT Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I've lost 79lbs (in 8 months) with another 13lbs to go before I reach my goal

Started out 3-5lbs a week, now it's 1lb per week, slow and steady.

Averaging between 1 to 1.5lb per week. Hoping to reach my goal by May.

Tough last week as I pulled a muscle in my back at kettlebells and couldn't workout for a week, but back is feeling good now and my first workout in a week is tonight, can't wait.
  • libertarian4321
    libertarian4321 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Not hard at all. I'm just watching calories, I really haven't even done much exercise. It's been working so far, but maybe that's because I have a huge amount to lose (100+) and the first 20 are pretty easy?

I thought it would be hard, but I'm fast food, pizza, and beer/alcohol free for almost 2 months now, and it's not that hard.
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    I need to lose another 25lb (that sounds scary put like that!)

Trying to lose 1lb a week (slow and steady).

My current average is about 1lb every 5 days, but I lost 2lb the first week.

I deliberately don't set myself stupid exercise targets - if I want to go our to dinner I'll do some longer workouts. I do 20-25 mins before breakfast (DVD), walk 15 mins to work (its taking less time as I get fitter), walk 20-25 mins lunchtime (weather permitting), same walk home then workout when I get in - 20-50 mins depending on time available and other commitments. At the weekends I try to walk at least one hour (brisk with hills) both days, again weather permitting
  • SpecialSundae
    SpecialSundae Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    How much weight do you have to lose? 10kg and then reassess based on how I feel.

How fast are you trying to lose it? 0.5kg per week

How fast are you losing it? 0.6kg per week

On a scale of 1-10 how hard are you finding it the last week? Not very. Maybe 3-4 because I hate HIIT but I'm eating well, love the strength training and Zombies Run is fun.