obsessed with the scale

Options
2»

Replies

• Home6
    Home6 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    The only scale I have is on my Wii Fit, and it is a hassle to set up for multiple weigh ins everyday. That hassle has made it easy for me to just weigh in on Sundays. :)

The only scale I have is on my Wii Fit too! But I have to weigh myself at least every morning. I like stamping the day with the little bare foot. :)
  • vanillasugar
    vanillasugar Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Another guilty party here! :tongue: I was irritated with myself for developing this "obsession" with the scale, but I do feel like it helps me to see that it fluctuates hourly/daily etc and I use it to help keep me on track rather than get depressed that I haven't dropped another 20 lbs since the last 10-min-ago weigh-in :laugh:
  • innerhottie
    innerhottie Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Have your husband hide it and every week when it's time to weigh it, have him get it, but without letting you know WHERE it is.

My hubby has mine hidden.
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    I don't think its a good idea to weigh yourself a few times a day...just think, if you drink 16oz of water, you will 'seem' to weight one pound more if the water hasn't been used/eliminated by the body yet...why put yourself through unnecessary disappointment?
  • mommyhof3
    mommyhof3 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself whenever I want to. I usually do it in the morning right after I pee/before I shower. I know if I weigh myself later in the day i have eaten food and drank water so it is inaccurate. My official weigh in day is Friday morning though
  • kmurph37
    kmurph37 Posts: 16
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning after I go to the bathroom. I find it easier to keep track of that way. It's a lot easier to lose a couple of pounds then not weighing and having to lose 7...for example.