Calorie Cycling

Options
Anybody on MFP do calorie cycling? I think it will help me keep my metabolism up and avoid a plateau... exactly what I need to lose the last 5. Can't figure out an easy way to use MFP to do this unfortunately. Any tips or advice??

Replies

• The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    I use the weekly average in the phone app to average out my calorie intake. I don't calorie cycle per se, but my calories usually vary by a couple hundred every day.
  • mrsgeneric
    mrsgeneric Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Whats calorie cycling?!?
  • Melelise89
    Melelise89 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    What kind of phone do you have? I don't see an option to view a weekly average on my Android app... which is exactly what I need!
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    I have an Android phone as well.

When you first open the app, it should say "Summary" "Daily" and "Weekly" up top. When you hit "Weekly" it should show a bar graph with the weekly net calories and the average at the very right.

edit: When I hit the bar at the right that represents the average, it shows my calorie average as a small piece of pop up text.
  • kw85296
    kw85296 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    On the droid app when you are on your home page, towards the top it will say Summary then Daily and then Weekly. If you hit Weekly it will show you a graph and it will tell you the Net calories over or under the goal. It also has three icons to the right of the Net Details - Weekly and the middle icon will even break down how you are doing on the macros.
  • tachyon_master
    tachyon_master Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I do calorie cycling between 1500 and 2000 a day. Takes a bit of discipline to make sure I'm not at the upper end more often than not, but it works for me. It allows me the occasional calorie laden restaurant meal without stressing about it (I really like Italian, Mexican, Thai and Indian).

I track everything on the graph on my iPhone, but it seems others have given you some good advice on the Android version :)
  • Melelise89
    Melelise89 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the helpful posts! Looking forward to trying this out. :smile: