face comparison... beginning and now... Post yours....

Options

Replies

• autopilot_on
    Options
    240 on the left...210 on the right.
    Faces_zpsb80d086b.jpg?t=1361893986
  • sportyredhead01
    sportyredhead01 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    <
    Mine's my profile pic. :happy:
  • mc54iznit
    mc54iznit Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    ezt7ezb.jpg
    iP2PKqX.jpg
    ZesX3wM.jpg

i cringed uploading that first pic =/ lol
  • llmcconnell
    llmcconnell Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Shoot dang, bunch of hotties up in this thread, haha! everyone looks so amazing!
  • BrownEyeAngel
    BrownEyeAngel Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look amazing! I am not sure how to upload pics on here. lol
  • Barbellerella
    Barbellerella Posts: 1,838 Member
    Options
    12 years difference between pics
    3368940b-1d11-45ba-bcc3-7c90f888a956_zpsddde1c69.jpg
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    Okay, now, all of you look great. What I need to know is; how do you keep your face from wrinkling when you lose the weight?? I lost 35 lbs. my last year in the postal service, without doing anything except walking around the section ( 4.7 miles, hour and a half) three times a week (in summer), having a great deal of stress at work, coming home exhausted and often falling into bed without any dinner (in winter). I drank nothing except Diet Dr. Thunder ( still tastes better than anything else, in my opinion), and without my paying any attention, the weight just melted off. Yeah, stress and starvation worked wonders. Afterward, though, my body looked very good but my face was more wrinkled and I looked at least five years older. SO, this time I'm losing weight MUCH more slowly, but at 64 my skin doesn't have the elasticity it once did...am I losing weight only to look like a thinner old woman instead of a fat slightly younger woman?? I'm probably the oldest person on here...is it just a matter of age, or do all you successful people have some tip to keep wrinkes at bay??
  • mc54iznit
    mc54iznit Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Okay, now, all of you look great. What I need to know is; how do you keep your face from wrinkling when you lose the weight?? I lost 35 lbs. my last year in the postal service, without doing anything except walking around the section ( 4.7 miles, hour and a half) three times a week (in summer), having a great deal of stress at work, coming home exhausted and often falling into bed without any dinner (in winter). I drank nothing except Diet Dr. Thunder ( still tastes better than anything else, in my opinion), and without my paying any attention, the weight just melted off. Yeah, stress and starvation worked wonders. Afterward, though, my body looked very good but my face was more wrinkled and I looked at least five years older. SO, this time I'm losing weight MUCH more slowly, but at 64 my skin doesn't have the elasticity it once did...am I losing weight only to look like a thinner old woman instead of a fat slightly younger woman?? I'm probably the oldest person on here...is it just a matter of age, or do all you successful people have some tip to keep wrinkes at bay??

well sadly the more you age the less elastic your skin becomes, so its always going to be harder to keep skin from wrinkling as you age. But there is a lot you can do. Drinking a lot of water will help a lot. Remember that your skin is an organ and can regenerate given it is hydrated well enough and has the right nutrients. I try to drink a gallon of water a day (granted thats not for everyone) but i would say at least half a gallon is essential. There are also a lot of good foods that promote skin health, things like cucumbers, broccoli, and many other "superfoods". You'll also want to make sure you're getting enough Omega 3 in your diet (either by eating fish/peanut butter, or supplementing it with fish oil pills).

besides diet there are other things you can do, like using creams with vitamin E to moisturize, and by not using soaps with sulfate on your skin. Sulfate removes essential oils that the skin needs and if you look at most brands of soap (anything you find in a grocery for example) they all have sulfates in the ingredients list. I use cetaphil for skin cleaning.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001ET76EY/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

also i would look into dry brushing, its a better form of exfoliation for the skin and very effective and reducing wrinkles (though its more for body not for face).

There are probably many other things I'm missing, but a quick google search of how to help keep healthy skin will give you a lot more info. Just like weight loss, its all about making an effort to keep the skin healthy and just sticking to it. =)
  • Klein1475
    Klein1475 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    b7db1220-7e0a-4105-86e8-5a6c59747bda.jpg

awesome... looking good
  • Klein1475
    Options
    face_zpsb0ab7d62.jpg

www.borgiesjourney.com

That is awesome... wow!!
  • Klein1475
    Options
    <
    I'm lazy lol, my profile pic has it

Silly.... you look great...
  • Klein1475
    Options
    fatface2.jpg
    64498_10151477894062519_1552052603_n.jpg

WoW!!!!! amazing difference... keep up all the great work...
  • Klein1475
    Options
    swimfan1981 - wow, you look so much younger, i thought you were 18 in the second photo

Thank you very much... That is an amazing compliment... I just turned 38 in January...
  • monikalama
    monikalama Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    ezt7ezb.jpg
    iP2PKqX.jpg
    ZesX3wM.jpg

i cringed uploading that first pic =/ lol

damn you look too hot man.. great job ya'll
  • Klein1475
    Options
    240 on the left...210 on the right.
    Faces_zpsb80d086b.jpg?t=1361893986

Very nice... you can see a difference... great job
  • Klein1475
    Options
    <
    Mine's my profile pic. :happy:
    Wow!!!! looking great... woo hoo
  • RNWall
    RNWall Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    How do I post a pic?? I can't figure it out :(
  • mommy2maddox
    mommy2maddox Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    185lbs
    8804a131-7309-4361-b3e3-acc5698a322d_zps4798eef5.jpg

150lbs
    cee24e9a-e707-4553-bd90-129f39ebc530_zpse3a2c92a.jpg

145lbs During and 164 Before
    00bd7a9c-2630-4e30-838d-0d5439b3fe42_zps49b87d3a.jpg
  • MamawChristy
    MamawChristy Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I just looked at your webpage, very inspiring!
  • autopilot_on
    Options
    How do I post a pic?? I can't figure it out :(

You use [ img ] link to picture [ /img ] but remove the spaces between the img tags and the [ ] then insert the link in between them.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!