Tips for stress eating?

Options
2»

Replies

• Diahann_Hughes
    Diahann_Hughes Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Distraction is the best way for me :) I go to the gym and you dont think about eating :) Drink water first too or I always pull out the old photos massive distraction xxx
  • NaeTrujillo
    Options
    Oh and if you can get low fat or nulti grain tortilla chips.. I *think* its healthy choice or smart ones has a rices/cheese/bean microwave meal you can use a naco dip... I add hot sauce. ;)

Mmm I have been on a hot sauce kick lately so that would be awesome :)
  • NaeTrujillo
    Options
    I hear ya...What I'm learning is when you get in those moods, and feel like not preparing your normal super healthy dish and u just want to veg out, that's ok to go for something easier. BUT! When you do, don't give up on the controlling your intake part.

Personal example: When I was gaining weight, Friday night comes, I don't feel like cooking chicken breast or making a protein smoothie on Friday. Let's order papa johns and I'll throw down half a pizza. 3 meat of course. Ranch? Yea ranch sounds pretty good. Can't have pizza without some ranch. It's my cheat day after all ya da ya da..Probably threw down 2000 calories and was well on my way to erasing any progress I made during the week.

What I'll do now? Buy a six pack of those tombstone personal deep dish pizzas. 400-440 calories for one. Pop one of those bad boys in the oven and I'm still able to stay within my calorie goal but also have an easy meal.

Find some of those options, but focus on hitting your calorie goal. Is it the healthiest choice I could have made? No the ideal choice is for me to be a cyborg and only desire chicken and brocolli(cyborgs eat chicken and brocolli). But it is far healthier than ending up binging on something else.

Hahaha never knew cyborgs were so healthy. I always thought they feasted on the dying dreams of civilization. But ya that makes a lot of sense, I guess I need to focus on having stuff like that around. My biggest problem lately has been that I just give up and go eat out. I have been struggling to lose and re-lose the same 8 lbs since my son was born 8 months ago.
  • NaeTrujillo
    Options
    Distraction is the best way for me :) I go to the gym and you dont think about eating :) Drink water first too or I always pull out the old photos massive distraction xxx

Stress doesnt make me want to eat, it makes it so I dont care enough to prepare healthy food.