-To the people who shower 3+ times per day

Options

Replies

• SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    Once a day, twice if I exercise.

I know people that take five or more per day. What are they doing that for? :S
  • foxro
    foxro Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    Some public places and offices are banning wearing anything scented, even the scent from laundry soap/dryer sheets. So keeping the human smellies at bay is a new challenge. Almost sounds(or smells) counter-productive
  • gym_king_carlie
    gym_king_carlie Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    we dont have to shower 3x or more because were not gross and smelly, ner ner na ner ner :P

although, I should probably shower 3x or more.....lol
  • angdpowers
    angdpowers Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Uhm, hahaha I have waaaaaaaaaaaaay better things to do than shower 3x's a day -- people/or someone REALLY showers this much??

They have doctors for those kinds of probably -- I'm thinking whoever does this? Your skin hates you!!!

Go for a walk, laugh with a friend, watch a good movie -- STOP SHOWERING SO MUCH!!! hahaha
  • terrappyn
    terrappyn Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I usually shower at night before bed but was too damn tired to last. Work up this morning got dressed, got in my car to go to work...half way there realized I didn't shower last night or this morning. Oops!
  • terrappyn
    terrappyn Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    There's new research proving that showering more than once actually makes your skin dirtier than if you shower less frequent.
    It's because she skin has a sort of protective film of fat to help the skin keep clean, but when you shower too often this natural protection is destroyed. The more you shower, the more sensitive the skin gets.

It's drying to the skin, causes small cuts on the skin opening it up to bacteria and other pathogens. Tis a true statement.
  • drchimpanzee
    drchimpanzee Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    I shower at night but that's also when I do my working out so I guess that works for me. Keep it simple right? Say no to OCD.
  • KristysLosing
    Options
    Jeez people! I shower every morning. I need to feel clean in the morning, and I can't go out with my hair looking like that. :laugh: 3x/day is WAY to time consuming and wasteful!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Three times a week is adequate for most people, especially in the winter. If you are in there more than once a day, you are probably doing something other than cleaning your body! :laugh:
  • _AllieCat_
    _AllieCat_ Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    To the people who shower 3+ times a day:

I feel for you because I shower every 1-2 days and I smell just fine. If you're showering that many times I hope you're at least masturbating in there.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Some public places and offices are banning wearing anything scented, even the scent from laundry soap/dryer sheets. So keeping the human smellies at bay is a new challenge. Almost sounds(or smells) counter-productive

I'm so glad I don't work at such a place. That would suck.
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    Are these teenage boys showering 3+ times per day? My nephew does, but we are all quite certain he isn't washing up when he is in there!!!!
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    I can only shower twice a day. I have psoriasis, if I shower more than that, especially with a lot of hot water my skin dries out terribly. I couldn't imagine 3 times a day.
  • cassiepv
    cassiepv Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I shower twice a day . I could never get in my bed without being clean . That's nasty
  • Supertabi
    Options
    I have to shower this much. The weather is insanely hot and humid in here (Neiva - Colombia). A couple of hours of activity (doesn't have to be exercise, could be errands) means being drenched in sweat and still overheating. But:

* I can't do this if my schedule doesn't allow it. These days I am able to return to my living premises very frequently between classes so I can.
    * Not everyone finds this weather as deadly, but a lot do, includying me.
    * I don't spend more water than the average person because my showers are very short. Bills are okay.
    * When I travel to less deadly weather I can shower as little as every other day or less and feel fine.
  • kit_katty
    kit_katty Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    I shower sometimes three times a day. Once in the morning always. Then once if I run or if I work out. Sometimes I run twice a day or I workout more than once. I unfortunately sweat like a pig. I refuse to smell! Sheesh, some people need to get over themselves. A quick shower to freshen up is fine!
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    I will absolutely, oh hell no, never leave my house if I haven't showered for the day. I don't know how people, especially women with hair, can go without showering in the morning. I just can't do it. So a shower every morning in the 'winter' and another one later on the in day if it's Summer and we've been on the beach. The shower is like the last cup of coffee for me, I'm not awake until I've had it.
  • kaylaandthestarcatcher
    Options
    Showering more than once a day just seems kind of insane to me. I don't even shower every day. If I don't smell or feel dirty and if my hair feels fine, why waste the time and water? And with the amount of time it takes me to get ready -- styling my hair, doing my makeup -- there's no way I would erase all of that with a shower. I wash my face at night but that's as close to a second (or even sometimes first) shower that I will get.
  • foxro
    foxro Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    If you've ever been in a packed bus or subway(shoulder to shoulder) you'll be thankful for those that showered
  • Sweet_Pandora
    Sweet_Pandora Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I often shower 3 times a day. First thing in the morning is a must for me, after my lunch hour workout and again in the evening if I have worked out.

The after workout showers are just quick rinses and I don't redo my hair. I can't imagine putting my clothes on after working out and not washing off the sweat.

Karen