Just had a baby 4 months ago...

TurtleShell
TurtleShell Posts: 19
edited September 20 in Motivation and Support
I just had a baby 4 months ago (Nov 30th, 2009) and am trying to kick this mommy body to the curb!

I've got 21lbs left... Looking for people in the same boat :D

Replies

• EmilyAnn89
    EmilyAnn89 Posts: 564 Member
    i'm in the same boat! i just had a baby in january!:wink:
  • jamiel
    jamiel Posts: 6
    I'm in the same boat. I had twins 5 months ago and I gained a lot of weight. I joined a gym this week and a weight loss class starting Tuesday!
  • mommamills
    mommamills Posts: 437
    I'm righ there with you! My precious bundle of joy was born in January and I'm trying to get rid of that mommy weight PLUS some!
  • I was on bedrest for most of my pregnancy )22weeks + and then 6 weeks post partum, too!

This is HARD work. I've had 3 other children prior to this one and it was never this hard!
  • kylielouttit
    kylielouttit Posts: 512 Member
    Congratulations!

My baby is 6 months old and I am hard at it with P90X! I'm eager to get to my pre-baby #1 weight, or at least lose some fat and gain some muscle!
  • Jamiebee24
    Jamiebee24 Posts: 296 Member
    i have 2 babies and am 10 pounds away from pre pregnancy and then another 5 from pre pre pregnancy and then another 10-15 just cause!

this site is amazing and is such a helpful tool!!

Good luck, and if you need any motivation, feel free to add me as a friend! :)
  • Alita2011
    Alita2011 Posts: 265 Member
    My daughter is six months and losing weight seems to be the hardest thing to!
  • tawnir
    tawnir Posts: 4
    im there with you as well my son is 81/2 months old and it took me 8 months just to lose 7 lbs. i tried the whole curves workout didnt do much but make me gain more weight by gaining muscle.doing the diet as much as possible while still maintaining lots of milk for my growing boy. now i do a body boot camp 3 days a week and that is what helped me lose the 7 lbs..so i only have 62 more lbs to go to get back down to my pre baby pre husband weight. ouch!
  • lelelele
    lelelele Posts: 1 Member
    I'm in the same boat! But I only had my daughter four weeks ago. I thought it was best to start early as possible, because I put a ridiculous amount of weight on in pregnancy.
  • Angel1029
    Angel1029 Posts: 459
    I had my 3rd child 9 months ago and it was really hard for me to lose the weight. What has helped me to lose it all and plus more was P90X, and now I'm doing Insanity. It really works!!!!!
  • Aurora22
    Aurora22 Posts: 66 Member
    Hi! My baby is now 2, and I was able to get off all the baby weight after using mfp, counting calories and upping my exercise. it wasn't easy, but i just worked really hard and lost a pound a week for several months. Now I am back because I want to lose 12 more pounds before my wedding.
    It wasn't until i made a big effort to eat enough protein and cut out the empty sugar/ bread calories that something started happening. I hope to get pregnant again soon, but don't want to gain so much weight this time (I stopped weighing myself after I had gained 60lbs)
    You can do it!.
  • Fancy_Nancy2
    Fancy_Nancy2 Posts: 545 Member
    I had my baby 9 mo ago and this site is wonderful and you will loss the weight if you log the calories and hit the workout hard. Are you breastfeeding if you are make sure to add 300 to 500 cal to keep your milk up and eat a bit less when your baby start eats food.
  • I only breast feed in the morning now :D When I breast feed my body likes to hold on to the weight rather than shed it off...
  • Aurora22
    Aurora22 Posts: 66 Member
    I lost no weight as long as I was breastfeeding as well. I don't know if it was my hormones or my intense appetite or what, but even after I stopped breastfeeding the weight didn't come off until I started monitoring my calories and upping my activity level. But the hard work pays off!
This discussion has been closed.