AAAAARRRRRRGGGHHHH!!!!!

Options
this month is so frustrating. :explode: i had abdominal surgery on feb 28, :sad: my work partner had surgery same week . i worked double the hours for 3 weeks:yawn: then i got strep and a horrible cold.:noway: that really knocked me out. so 4 weeks and i only walked like 4 times, time and illness were huge factors. :mad: i stayed within my cals the whole time. then i baked a practice cake. my parents 25th is coming up and im doing the big wedding 3 tier cake.:wink: so i had to practice the decorating part. any way i had a piece of cake everyday for a week:ohwell: , still staying within my cals. all this time i continued to lose until this week i have gained 4 pounds in one week.:explode: :mad: :explode: i am so frustrated. just when other people started to really notice and i could start buying new clothes ive started to gain.:sad: i was down 36 now its only 32. well im done complaining. im joining our local wellness center today and ive walked 50 mins every day this week. so far 6 miles in for the week. thanx for reading me complain. i just needed to get this off my chest to people who would understand.:drinker:

Replies

• bricker06
    bricker06 Posts: 316
    Options
    this month is so frustrating. :explode: i had abdominal surgery on feb 28, :sad: my work partner had surgery same week . i worked double the hours for 3 weeks:yawn: then i got strep and a horrible cold.:noway: that really knocked me out. so 4 weeks and i only walked like 4 times, time and illness were huge factors. :mad: i stayed within my cals the whole time. then i baked a practice cake. my parents 25th is coming up and im doing the big wedding 3 tier cake.:wink: so i had to practice the decorating part. any way i had a piece of cake everyday for a week:ohwell: , still staying within my cals. all this time i continued to lose until this week i have gained 4 pounds in one week.:explode: :mad: :explode: i am so frustrated. just when other people started to really notice and i could start buying new clothes ive started to gain.:sad: i was down 36 now its only 32. well im done complaining. im joining our local wellness center today and ive walked 50 mins every day this week. so far 6 miles in for the week. thanx for reading me complain. i just needed to get this off my chest to people who would understand.:drinker:
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,697 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear that you have gained this week but it could be muscle, water etc. That's awesome though that you were able to stay within your calories and lose weight while you were recovering from surgery and while you were sick! Kudos to you! You're back on track now and I bet the weight will start coming off for you again soon! :flowerforyou:
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't worry about it too much. Could be anything. The biggest mistake people make is taking 1 weigh in and putting a lot of stock in it. You need to remember something, our bodies have the ability to store lots of excess water and waste, on any given day, you could be holding up to 5 lbs of water over your regular weight. If this higher poundage is consistant for 3 to 4 weigh in's then I would consider it valid, but just for 1, no dice. I usually say, weigh in to have a general idea of your weight, but measure your arms, hips, waste, chest, and butt to really know if you are making progress. These measurements are slower to go down then weight, but it's much more accurate. And seriously, nobody can notice if you loose 3 lbs, but EVERYONE will notice if you loose 2 to 3 inches off your stomach! Of THAT I am living proof.
  • FatDancer
    FatDancer Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    I'm happy for you that you are back on track! Don't look back, keep marching forward...do look back next time you bake a practice cake and remember how upset with yourself you were for eating it...you can always take it to a senior center or homeless shelter next time!

Congratulations to your parents! Enjoy the celebration!