Relaxing my calories

Options
Wow. What a big difference 140 calories makes.

My weight loss slowed a lot the past couple of weeks, so I decided to change things up. I was on 2 lbs a week and consuming 1200 calories a day. And on days when I didn't work out, I was STRESSED. I didn't want to come in under 1200, I didn't want to see red on my diary... ugh.

So, I looked at my goals, and I actually can't lose 2 lbs a week anymore. So I changed my settings to 1.5. I get 1340 calories now and it is so much easier for me on days like today when I'm not working out. I can take a deep breath and relax. Yeh, I had 1250 calories, what of it? LOL.

I confess I like that part of the reasoning behind all of this is that I'm closer to my healthy weight.

I love the little things about MFP and dieting like discovering that as a reward for losing 35 pounds I can eat MORE food. :smile:

Replies

• MABoxall
    MABoxall Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I agree. After 3 weeks of not moving, I relaxed a bit and and ate a little differently. The next week I lost 3 lbs! It's like my body was thanking me for the change-up.
  • jennylynn84
    jennylynn84 Posts: 659
    Options
    I'm hoping this is what happens for me as well. I find now that I loosened up my reigns I'm better about eating more exercise calories back, having that extra piece of fruit, container of yogurt, whatever.

I'm BARELY able to have a big enough deficit to lose 1.5 pounds a week. So hopefully before long I will be at just 1 lb.