Consistently under calorie goals

Options
I've been consistently under my calorie goals everyday for the past two weeks. Sometimes by large amounts. I'm not intentionally skipping meals, I just don't feel hungry at all, and feel sick if i force myself to eat. i think alot of it has to do with the medicine I'm on, but I'm concerned that its dangerous/unhealthy. Any tips on how I can get more calories without eating junk/a lot more?

Replies

• ladyraven68
    ladyraven68 Posts: 2,003 Member
    Options
    I've been consistently under my calorie goals everyday for the past two weeks. Sometimes by large amounts. I'm not intentionally skipping meals, I just don't feel hungry at all, and feel sick if i force myself to eat. i think alot of it has to do with the medicine I'm on, but I'm concerned that its dangerous/unhealthy. Any tips on how I can get more calories without eating junk/a lot more?

You may need to open your diary so that people can give better advice, but the most obvious things are to add calorie dense foods.
    The type of things you would normally avoid on a low calorie diet

- add oils/butter to your cooking,
    - Drink milk/fruit juice,
    - replace low fat diet foods with their full fat equivalent
    - eat some nuts
    - grate some cheese or on your salads

it's not difficult to increase your calories without increasing the volume of food

You need to plan better, as you seem to be just aiming to eat low calorie meals, without keeping an eye on the daily goal.
    If you plan your meals the day before, you will be able to see what macros you are lacking, and adjust your meals/snacks accordingly.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    peanut butter