Just fell off the wagon

Options
I had been doing ok with eating this week, but of course here I am facing the weekend and have already blown it w/what I ate when I went out to lunch. I'm trying to stop the downward spiral before I get into the "since you already blew it, just start over on Monday" rut!! I need some help to get back on the wagon. Feeling really bad right now!

Replies

• jennylynn84
    jennylynn84 Posts: 659
    Options
    It happens to all of us.

Just remember there is no need to wait until Monday to start over. Every passing second is a chance to start over! You can do it. Don't let it get you down. One day doesn't make or break your whole lifestyle change.

Stay strong!
  • poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    Oh girl, I fell off the wagon and it already left me behind this last month. I can see the wheels about 4 miles out in front of me. LOL

So today I decided to get back on and be done with it. Don't let one meal get your down, you can do it right now!!!
  • KristineKaye
    Options
    My trainer was just talking about this today...he told me if you fall of your wagon be ok with it but crawl back on and keep going. He told me not to kick myself because I decided to eat something that tasted good to me. Just tell yourself that's it of the weekend. He also said one bad decision should not make your week! Good Luck!:flowerforyou:
  • kristenmturkey
    Options
    Everytime you have an opportunity to eat is an opportunity to start over. Don't let the past dictate the next few days :-) And don't feel bad! We ALL have our moments of weakness. You can do it. I know how it feels. I was in that kind of cycle for months. And I still do have my moments, but I don't let them control my future. I hope this helps you!
  • Valqis
    Valqis Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    Don't look at it like "Well, I'll start over Monday." Just because you had a bad meal doesn't mean your day can't be saved...go to the gym and have a good workout, then have a light salad or something for dinner. Get up tomorrow and do yard work, which will burn a ton of calories. you will be back to where you were before lunch today in no time. Head up, the weekend is NOT lost!!! We all make bad decisions, just don't let them control the rest of our weekends!!

Have a great rest of the weekend and have fun doing it!
  • questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options
    You haven't blown anything. The big key is not to be *perfect* with everything that you eat all of the time. This is life--we can't eat perfectly all the time (and if we could, it wouldn't be much fun). The big key is to make good choices 90% of the time. Consistency, not perfection. So you went over for one meal. That is one meal out of.... 21 meals for the week? (Or more, depending on how often you eat during the day.) I'd say you are doing pretty good. Don't let it derail you for the rest of the weekend.
  • cuppycake22
    cuppycake22 Posts: 224
    Options
    I blow it quite often on weekends and I have managed to try not to feel guilty about it...when i see it its just one day...yes this may be wrong to a lot of people but you can't be perfect all the time! you need to enjoy what your eating and falling off the wagon once isn't a bad thing! just keep trying and continue forward on the right track tomorrow! I feel like the biggest thing is learning what you can do in a day and change in the next (you can enjoy things you love....I honestly don't think one day out of the week is going to do much...If you feel absolutely guilty about it just have a big salad with little dressing for supper :) I know how you feel though so hope this helps!
  • carp68
    carp68 Posts: 42
    Options
    It happens to the best of us. Don't beat yourself up over it. Just get back on the horse.

Ha ha, did I miss any cliches?

Seriously, though, everyone has been through the same thing and it doesn't do any good to dwell on the negatives...it took you you a while to become heavier, it will take you a while to become lighter.

I would log what you ate to use as a learning tool if I were you.

And one day of falling off of the wagon won't undo all of your hard work--just chalk it up to being human and move forward. You can do it!
  • vandors10
    Options
    Forgive yourself and get back on.
  • confuseacat
    confuseacat Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Go take a walk or some exercise and have a healthy supper. Don't even think about it anymore. Tomorrow will be better. Whatever you do don't weigh yourself for a few days or a week even. I always gain some water weight after a not so healthy meal and you don't need that to ruin your self confidence. YOu have lost 3 pounds already!! I have done MFP for a month and last week I ate Mexican and cake on Easter Sunday and still lost 2 pounds. Don't give up. Succeeding on this program is just keepin' on with it and never looking back! Blessings!
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    Yes we do all fall off the wagon and it just gives you a new start. And you certainly don't have to wait until Monday to start over. Just start over NOW! and don't dwell on it.
  • lovelypen50
    lovelypen50 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    nOW brush yourself off and get back on the wagon. Everyone here is reaching their hand out to pull you back on.:smile:
  • Aid_B
    Aid_B Posts: 427
    Options
    Everyone can have a bad day :noway: , the trick is to not turn it into a bad weekend, before you know it you'll be saying "I'll start again next week"

TRUST ME i KNOW

The important thing is to get back on track, ok so you had a bad lunch, have a better dinner, or do some exercise to limit the damage already done.

Good luck :happy:
  • kgasser
    kgasser Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I felt myself tipping off the back of that wagon again last weekend...but here is what I did...it sounds crazy but it worked for me and it just might work for you...anything is worth a try. I tend to pick...I pick healthy, but I pick...yogurt, cheese sticks, etc...well, last weekend I decided everytime I went into the kitchen for anything except one of the 3 main meals or for water (not diet pop, just water), I would do 20 "counter pushups". Just what they sound like...stand 2- 3 feet from a counter and lower yourself down till your breast touches and push yourself back up. I figured this was a 3 way plus...1) decrease trips to the kitchen (didn't really want to do those pushups)...2)pop up my metabolism a little (and every little bit helps)...3) eventually, if I do enough snacking, I will be able to do real pushups!

Guess what...it worked...I did MUCH less grazing, my total burned calories were higher (i have a bodybugg, so it was trackable) and 3, I discovered some muscles I didn't know I owned!
  • confuseacat
    confuseacat Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Hey that sounds like a great idea! Finding the little things that work for YOU is a big part of this journey. Everybody finds things that help keep them motivated and on the right track. Good for you!
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    There's always one day a week I wind up eating more than I planned to. Don't wait until Monday. Start today. A few days of eating right, exercising, and drinking your water will undo any damage you could've done in one day.
  • Jessifer123
    Jessifer123 Posts: 159
    Options
    I think "counter pushups" are a great idea! I'm gonna have to try it and hope it works for me too!
  • kgasser
    Options
    Thanks, they worked for me, hope it does for you, too...as a matter of fact I did the same thing at work...the candy machine is like 10 steps from my office....I just close the door so noone comes in and do them against the wall when I decide I am going to blow 200 caloires on M&M's! I still hit the machine, but it is much less often!
  • littlecompton
    Options
    I have also fallen off the wagon this weekend and I just logged on today feeling really bad about myself. Then I read the posts and I feel SO much better. You guys are so great with the encouragement! And I love the counter pushups because 'grazing' is a problem for me too. In a world where people can be pretty rough on each other sometimes, it's wonderful to see people working together to be kind and supportive. (Now why don't any of you fabulous people live in my neighborhood??!!?!?!)
  • kgasser
    Options
    (Now why don't any of you fabulous people live in my neighborhood??!!?!?!)

We do...we are all just 5 seconds away...and you don't have to get out of your jammies to "see" us!!!