Fit Bit !!

I keep seeing Fit Bits everywhere and am tempted to purchase one but wondered what other people thought about them and if they are worth it as looks quite pricey. I have a heart rate monitor which i dont trust.. Was thinking about the pedomiter. thanks!!

Replies

• hikr00
    hikr00 Posts: 38 Member
    There was just a thread about that this morning in the "General Diet and Weight Loss Help" section. Check it out!
  • Bourds
    Bourds Posts: 90 Member
    I got one and love it....I can strap it on my wrist or put in my pocket and forget it about it. It keeps track of my steps, stairs, sleep and updates itself to MyFitnessPal without having to do anything. I would recommend it for sure!
  • groomchick
    groomchick Posts: 610 Member
    Love my Fitty... very useful information, very motivating and incredibly discreet ! Have a BMF too... the numbers come out VERY close...Think it's a worthwhile investment!
  • kendrafallon
    kendrafallon Posts: 1,030 Member
    Have a look at this thread, more responses and pretty much matches your query:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/905654-fitbit

Also check out the Fitbit User group:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/1290-fitbit-users
  • maegmez
    maegmez Posts: 341 Member
    I would rather spend my money on a good heart rate monitor and focus on just tracking calories burned during exercise. According to my hrm, I don't burn anywhere near what MFP says due to a lower resting heart rate for my weight.

In the end, none of them will be 100% but the better the formula and data to calculate calories burned, the better.
  • This has been discussed a lot already and those pointers provided above.

HRM and FitBit are very different.
    Fitbit is very small and you wear it all day long to keep track of your steps.
    HRM, you just wear it for an exercise.

The rest depends on your habits.
    If your cardio is mostly walking, like me, then a FitBit is ideal. Not only it is a podometer, but it syncs up to their site and then to mfp.
    If you are mainly doing exercises at the gym or are serious about running, then and HRM would be best.

I have both, but I only use the HRM when running, which is not very often, I must confess :-)