I thought yesterday was rough - today is gonna suck!

Options
2»

Replies

• fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    any work you do today isn't going to show on the scale for a few days. Give it time. This isn't instantaneous. When you have so much to lose you generally see a large loss when you start out. I was losing on average 10 to 15 pounds per month for the first 3 months so I thought cool. If this keeps up I'll have all this weight gone in no time. Doesn't work that way. Things do slow down. Keep doing what your doing and don't weigh yourself so often. Once a week tops. Take measurements as well. This will help keep you motivated when the scale won't move.
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    Options
    also muscle weighs more than fat. you are building muscle, so pls take that into consideration. you are doing AWESOME.

Oh lord not this again
    :noway:
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    Options
    Sore muscles hold water. For me often 4 or 5 lbs. When your muscles stop hurting so much, you'll lose the water and weigh less. Don't let the play with your head. It's just water... Nothing more... Nothing less!

Zara:-)

SOOOOO TRUE!! i got new weight equipment and went to town on the thing. I had a 6lb gain! After a few days and a lot of water and continuing to work out with weights that 6 lbs came off again and then some. PLUS I got into a smaller size jeans I had saved with no problems what so ever. Didn't need to suck in anything or lay down to get the zipper up and can sit with no pain lol There are many ways to measure your success besides that scale. Keep doing what you're doing and you'll see results. Don't give up because of one bad day on the scale.