Whyyyyyy

Options
Why won't the exercise section on this site count the calories burned in my weight training sessions?!?! It drives me nuts becuase a lot of my workouts are weight-training focused, and I know for a fact that weight-training burns TONS of calories. Yet I'm not able to really figure it into my daily plan on here because for some reason, MFP refuses to acknowledge that calories are burned during weight training!

Replies

• kellykat
    kellykat Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Log it under cardio. There is an option for that. :)
  • Autumn920
    Options
    Oh wow never thought of that! Awesome! thanks!
  • mictur
    mictur Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Log it under circuit training. Then I do it through strength training with the amount of weights I use.:flowerforyou:
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    Make up a number if you need one so badly--because that's about as accurate as any other method available.

I would suggest learning more about the subject before making negative comments about MFP "refusing" to accommodate you.

A few seconds spent reading the FAQ for the site would have answered your question:
    A. Estimating the calories burned from strength training is very difficult because it depends on a variety of factors: how much weight you lifted per repetition, how vigorously you performed that exercise, how much rest you took between sets, etc. Because of this, we do not automatically calculate how many calories you burned from strength training exercises.

However, if you'd like, you can add "Strength training" as a cardio exercise to get a rough estimate of how many calories you burned. Please be aware though that this is definitely a rough estimate and can be fairly inaccurate.