Trusting yourself/ pushing yourself

Options
I was sick yesterday: verified fever and all. I took a rest day from working out, which meant that I ended up over on calories, which consisted of way more carbs and way less veggies than usual.

So, this morning, I was lying in bed, wondering if there is ever going to be a point when I can trust myself completely. I really didn't want to get out of that warm bed, snuggled up with my loving partner. I still don't feel 100%. I am going to dance classes tonight, so I don't need the calories.

But I haven't done any strength since Saturday. And I like to do something every morning to stay in the habit.

So, I got up and did my EA Active workout, I couldn't keep the game happy with my running, which was evidently sporadic, if not down right spastic; I half a$$ed the second set of lunges, but I definitely worked up a sweat in my tank top, even though it is freezing in here.

In the end, I think I did the right thing. I wonder how my loving partner would feel if I crawled back into bed. It really is freezing in here, even though I put a sweatshirt on as soon as I was done with the workout!

Replies

• lambchoplewis
    Options
    Some days I feel the same way. I got in the habit of logging onto MFP. Weighing myself, checking in on MFP, putting in food and exercise for day. Then I check the Community to see if there are any reply's to things I replied to and any good posts that I have a connection to (like yours)!! Then I get my butt out of bed and get moving.

This routine has helped as the motivation and disappointment that needs motivating from others helps me!!!
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Oh, no, if I get started in the internetz, I would never get out of bed!

I am glad you have found what works for you and glad that I was able to help this morning:)
  • Lt_Starbuck
    Lt_Starbuck Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    UM... you dont punish yourself for your eating habits while youre sick. Thats negative. Now youre healthy again, get back to it. Dont dwell on yesterday.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    I did not drag myself put of bed to punish myself. I tried to use the previous day's illness as an excuse to stay in bed.

The workout itself showed that my body was on the fence, not just my mind, but putting one foot in front of the other means that it will be even easier tomorrow.
  • taigatoo
    Options
    I always carefully listen to my body.

Sometimes you gain more in the long run by resting up and curing yourself completely. Just don't see it as invitation not to exercise whenever you "don't feel like it" :-)