Logging fruits to your diary

Options
2»

Replies

• Chuki5
    Chuki5 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I think you have to......I may eat 200+ calories a day alone in frozen fruit....that's 25% of my allowance!! jeez, just a small banana is 90 cals
  • cals83
    cals83 Posts: 131
    Options
    For the most part, I log fruits. If I don't think it will make much of a difference though, I don't worry too much about it. For example, sometimes if I have a few cucumber slices I won't bother because it isn't worth the hassle to measure out to figure out I am eating 10 calories when I probably burn those 10 calories just from washing and slicing the cucumber.

Things that are more calorie dense though, i.e. bananas, apples, strawberries, I do measure those and log those because they do make a difference in my diary.
  • daj150
    daj150 Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Calories are calories and sugars are sugars. Log it. Despite them being natural, if you are eating too much fruit, you are getting too much sugar...too much of almost anything is bad...yes, there are a small amount of exceptions. On the flip side, many people choose not to eat fruits because the sugars are carbs and fruits can have a high amount of calories for the serving size. Unless they are replacing those lost vitamins another way, that isn't good either.
  • Jenny775
    Jenny775 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Ditto to what's already been said...log 'em
  • _funrungirl
    _funrungirl Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I log it, but I don't always "count it". Not all calories are created equal, but natural fruit still has a lot of sugar, so I limit my fruit intake to 1-2 servings a day and try to eat/juice the rest in vegetables.
  • mcouturezz
    Options
    fruits have natural sugar/carbs in them.. so does maple sypup :) Lots of carbs.. I say you need to log everything.
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    100 calories here and there add up to huge numbers over a day. If I eat 500 calories in fruit, then I'm going to have to work in what I can eat in other foods. Being off by a couple hundred calories everyday can derail my fitness goals, so I log it.

Plus, how else do you keep track of your micronutrients? If I don't have to take vitamins and get it all from food sources, that's awesome. If I don't count those foods, I won't know how much in need to meet my vitamin requirements.
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options
    Calories in. Calories logged. Some people can eat 200 calories worth of fruit in a day, that's a significant amount to be over because you didn't log it.
  • TheDarlingOne
    TheDarlingOne Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    if it goes in my face-hole, it goes in my diary. Calories are calories.

^right on the money! lol
  • MG_Fit
    MG_Fit Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Log, definitely.
  • WAHMto5
    WAHMto5 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I log everything.

Same here;)
  • raven56706
    raven56706 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    i do it now... so i will continue

the thing is though, im pretty sure apples and bananas arent the face of obsecity.... that was my only thing
  • monjacq1964
    monjacq1964 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    is this a serious question?
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,233 Member
    Options
    if it goes in my face-hole, it goes in my diary. Calories are calories.

All edible things that go in my face-hole are logged in my diary. Minor, but important distinction in my case.
  • raven56706
    Options
    is this a serious question?

yes it was a serious question... why?
  • xLyric
    xLyric Posts: 840 Member
    Options

the thing is though, im pretty sure apples and bananas arent the face of obsecity.... that was my only thing

The whole point of this website is to lose weight through calorie counting. Why in the world would you set yourself up to fail because "it's healthy so it shouldn't count"? If I ate 3000 calories worth of carrots I'd still gain weight because carrots have calories, it doesn't magically go away because it's good for you.

If I meet my calorie goals but don't log 3 apples, I just went over by ~300 calories. That definitely counts, and will confuse me later when I wonder why I didn't lose that week or something.
  • My0WNinspiration
    My0WNinspiration Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    If it has calories, I count it.
  • raven56706
    Options
    cool thanks for the advice peeps
  • Mainebikerchick
    Mainebikerchick Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    I log everything that I eat. PERIOD.
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options

Neither is water or coffee - BUT I LOG IT!