How many "cowries?"

Options
lvfunandfit
lvfunandfit Posts: 654 Member
So, my 3 yr old daughter grabbed a Clif Bar from my hand last night and said, "let me see how many cowries "calories" it is! I will burn 6....7....8.... (she was counting) cowries!" Then handed it back to me and said "it is good,  only 8 cowries."

I had to laugh. She is under weight and I often tell her that we need to get her to eat more calories. She also hears me tell my husband that I have X number of calories left to eat... or if I go running, he'll ask how many calories I burned. Calories and weight are not a negative topic in my house, but it is a topic that is discussed with her diet (she is only 22 lbs ) and with ours. We read the nutritional labels on EVERYTHING... so to see her grab it, turn it to the nutritional label and count the calories made me laugh. I had to give her a big squeeze too! She is just too funny! Her little sister (14 month old) was happy to eat it since she didn't like it.

Thought I'd share my giggle for the day!

Replies

• ka_42
    ka_42 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    How cute!! Thanks for sharing!:smile:
  • cmw72
    cmw72 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    That's hilarious!
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    That's awesome.
  • mama22girlz
    mama22girlz Posts: 291
    Options
    kids are so cute, especially at that age. My 3 1/2 year old likes to try to copy my ZUMBA moves :)
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    :laugh: That's so cute and funny. Aren't they just the cutiest little things at that age! :laugh: Thanks for sharing that.
  • karlowe
    karlowe Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    that is great. she will be aware of healthiness from an early age!
  • MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    That is too cute! I love it - cowries. LOL - is it bad that I knew what that was before you translated it?? :laugh: