help with TDEE

Options
Ive calculated it online, but dont trust it really :ohwell: so can anyone help me figure it out so I know i have it right.
Im 25, 5'7", 139 lbs, I normally workout about 5 days a week for 45-60minutes, normally 2 days of running, and 3 days of p90x strength workouts, Im not really active other then my workouts except for cleaning and cooking and such because I work graveyards most of the time
what I have set now is to eat 1500 cals plus my exercise calories because sometimes im so busy between work and 3 kids i dont have time for a workout so I didnt calculate exercise into my TDEE. so what I need to know is, is this about right, should I up it, or lower it? I only have a couple pounds left to lose, my main goal is to drop 3-4% body fat, im at 23.8% now

Replies

• angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,785 Member
    Options
    anyone?
  • nixirain
    nixirain Posts: 448 Member
    Options
  • angmarie28
    Options
    ive read that, its just every dang site is diffrent by like 400 calories so Im looking for someone who knows what they are doing to help me figure it out
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    ive read that, its just every dang site is diffrent by like 400 calories so Im looking for someone who knows what they are doing to help me figure it out

You will find some variations between sites. What many folks do is average them out and try a month at that average TDEE. Or just work down from what you current caloric intake is.

I like this TDEE calc because you can enter exertino elves in time for your average days.
    http://iifym.com/tdee-calculator/

Someone also posted a really good one in the forums today but I forgot to bookmark it.

Overal, with as active as you are I don't think you are going to want to cut too much on calories to maintain energy.
  • seena511
    seena511 Posts: 685 Member
    Options

you could join the "eat, train, progress" group and ask sidesteele and sara to calculate it for you.
  • angmarie28
    Options

You will find some variations between sites. What many folks do is average them out and try a month at that average TDEE. Or just work down from what you current caloric intake is.

I like this TDEE calc because you can enter exertino elves in time for your average days.
    http://iifym.com/tdee-calculator/

Someone also posted a really good one in the forums today but I forgot to bookmark it.

Overal, with as active as you are I don't think you are going to want to cut too much on calories to maintain energy.
    thank you, I desided to let MFP set it at lose 1/2 pound per week and didnt include exercise, so ill eat back my calories and that changed it to 1650 then set my macros to 40/30/30, so hopefully it works out for me