Replies

• Cherrybagel
    Cherrybagel Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Done!! Good Luck with your class!!!
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    I did it. What class is it for? I'm just curious.
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    Done. :drinker:
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I did it.
  • smae1980
    smae1980 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Took it. Will you post your results here?
  • jmarie9
    jmarie9 Posts: 108
    Options
    done. :)
  • iwillweighlessoneday
    iwillweighlessoneday Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    done. :)

Good luck!
  • NewBeginning2010
    NewBeginning2010 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    GLAD I COULD HELP :)
  • dnsnowden
    Options
    Done, good luck :)
  • kiffypooh
    kiffypooh Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    Done. I surprised myself with the answers to the body imagine questions. I'm a lot closer to where I think is ideal then I though. Also amazed at how differently I answered the questions right now then I would have even a year ago.
    Good luck!
  • kimmrdodge
    kimmrdodge Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Done! Good Luck with you classes. :)
  • Carrie181
    Carrie181 Posts: 18
    Options
    Done !
  • lpsnowchic15
    Options
    Wow thank you guys so much! I got more than double the responces I needed. I also posted my survey link on Yahoo Answers but I think the majority of the responces came from you guys. For those of you wondering, my class is called Social Research Methods. It's basically how to conduct research in Sociology. I'm not a Sociology major, I'm actually an Urban Studies major but it's a required course for me.

Here's some of the results: 80 people took this survey (I only needed 30 LOL)

Age Range: 25+ was the majority
    Ethnicity: Caucasian was the majority
    Have you used diet pills: 36.3% yes 63.8% no
    Did you take them as a last resort: 11.3% yes, 25% no 63.8% N/A never taken them

I'll just post the top 3 Percentages:
    Using the Body Scale, the number that represents your body best: 30% said #6, 25% said #4, 18% said #5

Using the Body Scale, the number that represents ideal body for women: 45% said #4, 36% #3, 13% #2 (I found this the most interesting, we think we should be really skinny!)

Important for you to look good for yourself or for others? 90% said myself, 10% said others
    Are diet pills safe? 90% said no, 10% said yes

Thank you all so much again!
  • lpsnowchic15
    Options
    I guess I should post the Body Image picture for you guys cause I don't think you can view the survey again to look. Here it is if you want to remember what the numbers were and then read my post above to see the top 3 chosen for both questions.

http://images.surveymonkey.com/_resources/14303194/ecae6d91-e16f-4f68-9aeb-3d4e990b1d56.jpg
  • savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Wow thank you guys so much! I got more than double the responces I needed. I also posted my survey link on Yahoo Answers but I think the majority of the responces came from you guys. For those of you wondering, my class is called Social Research Methods. It's basically how to conduct research in Sociology. I'm not a Sociology major, I'm actually an Urban Studies major but it's a required course for me.

Here's some of the results: 80 people took this survey (I only needed 30 LOL)

Age Range: 25+ was the majority
    Ethnicity: Caucasian was the majority
    Have you used diet pills: 36.3% yes 63.8% no
    Did you take them as a last resort: 11.3% yes, 25% no 63.8% N/A never taken them

I'll just post the top 3 Percentages:
    Using the Body Scale, the number that represents your body best: 30% said #6, 25% said #4, 18% said #5

Using the Body Scale, the number that represents ideal body for women: 45% said #4, 36% #3, 13% #2 (I found this the most interesting, we think we should be really skinny!)

Important for you to look good for yourself or for others? 90% said myself, 10% said others
    Are diet pills safe? 90% said no, 10% said yes

Thank you all so much again!

Interesting stuff! Thanks for sharing! :) I got my BA in Psychology - my BFF did a lot of body image research when we were in undergrad. It was always interesting.
  • kiffypooh
    kiffypooh Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    Very interesting stuff. What number body image picture is considered the "ideal" by medical professionals? Thanks for sharing the results.